www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue'

5 posters

Go down

Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue' Empty Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue'

Post by GD Mon 04 Apr 2011, 5:12 pm

A Guernsey deputy has urged his colleagues to introduce paid parking in order to sort out the island's finances.
It was last debated in 2009 when it was thrown out in favour of more fuel tax.
Deputy Barry Brehaut said it would help manage the traffic and provide another source of income for the States.
The call comes after the rejection of plans put forward by the Public Services Department to find almost £2m from its budget.
Deputy Brehaut said: "We have a structural deficit... why is it with this real problem we have we are we so reluctant to deal with this one thing?
"We need to get over this hurdle of paid parking on the island of paid parking, there are many ways to do this." (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue' Empty Re: Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue'

Post by karma Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:25 pm

Because the States gave us the debt does it mean we have to pay for their bad governing? Because I could point to a few 'nice little savers' like Social Security sending out three letter in one day - all saying the same and of course under separate cover with three sets of paper/envelopes/administration/stamps!!! It is far from the only example!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue' Empty Re: Guernsey parking fees 'could help debt issue'

Post by kingcolemk Mon 04 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

Is he the same bloke who was saying recently that the VAT trading loophole should be closed ? If so he's a blooming liability to you all.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

its your government throwing its toys out of the pram about the so called vat loophole...

so here we go again make the car driver pay...will there be paid parking for bicycles,motor bikes and scooters to x

i agree karma states tenants had the same letter sent out twice from the housing department..

maybe if the chief muppet hadnt been so keen to bring in 0/10 we wouldnt be in the mess we are in now
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

stupid1

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:50 am

Yes same letter from the department cost money .in postage as well and having to print and put them in envelopes
they need to look at cost saving across the board
lower the heating in these paces it is like an over and turn off the lights in the night
the post office by me is lit up like a christmas tree at times and sure have lights on all the time
Saving can be made internally first .
as for parking fees as i dont drive and see so many dumped cars lying around the island ,perhaps you should pay a cost by how many you have .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum