www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions

4 posters

Go down

Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions Empty Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions

Post by GD Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

Smoking in enclosed public spaces could be banned in Sark after a study by the island's medical committee.
The committee has issued a report to the Easter Chief Pleas that also recommends banning the sale of tobacco to under-16s.
Sark currently has no laws which govern the sale of tobacco.
A survey in 2008 on introducing a no-smoking policy found many were against the idea as they felt it would restrict their freedom of choice.
A number of bars and cafes have since introduced their own no-smoking policies, and the island's medical officer said a ban would improve public health.
The medical committee now said it had "no choice" but to follow Guernsey's lead and enforce restrictions on the sale and use of tobacco on Sark. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions Empty Re: Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions

Post by Digger Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:39 am

I think i am correct in saying the only pub you can smoke in is the Mermaid so what's the problem , if you don't like smoke stay out of it , It really is not rocket science . Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions 653341
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions Empty Re: Sark considers smoking ban and other restrictions

Post by Thistle Sun 17 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

selling to over 18's only doesn't work in guernsey..def will not work in sark....as for the smoking ban just a lot of dogooders sticking their oar in again...by the way i am a non smoker and have always said smoking should be allowed in a specific area of a pub and then if you dont smoke you dont go in that area
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 17 Apr 2011, 4:35 pm

I am also a none smoker and like to way we can go out for a meal now with having to put up with the smell of smoke
BUT it should be the owners choice ,they should decide if they want smoking in their place of work then those who smoke can go there and have a ciggie and a meal..
the island has become one big ashtray now all have to smoke outside
it has not doenb us any good
those pubs with outside area for smoking has made neighbours house prices drop as folks do not want a pub with lots outside chatting at all hours
leave it up to the pub licensee
It make those who do smoke like lepers..havign a fag outside and folks tutting as they go past ..it is this tax money that pays for so much in our island .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:01 pm

oh so very true kat..think i can see another black hole looming if hssd gets smoking banned altogether...
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum