www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters

4 posters

Go down

Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters Empty Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters

Post by GD Sat 30 Apr 2011, 5:09 pm

ANOTHER shopper with a disability has added her voice to calls for Waitrose to provide mobility scooters.

Daphne Le Conte, 86 is the second to have complained about the supermarket’s policy.

But it has defended its position. It said it was committed to making sure all customers could access its shops easily and they could use their own scooters.

‘We are looking into the possibility of making a scooter available at Waitrose, Admiral Park,’ said a spokesman.
(from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters Empty Re: Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters

Post by Deebay Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:45 pm

Hmmm.... Interesting that the Press chooses to highlight people that have their own scooters, as shown in the photo accompanying today's article. Another fair-weather scooterer, perhaps?

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters Empty Re: Waitrose in firing line again over disability scooters

Post by kingcolemk Sat 30 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

What, may I ask, exactly is a fair weather scooterer ? Rather silly comment.

I asked before and ask again, how many supermarkets in Guernsey have scooters for customer use ?

Did Safeway have one, or Checkers. I think not, so why are these people, abley support by the good old GP, picking on Waitrose ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Deebay Sat 30 Apr 2011, 7:42 pm

My comment was a reference to a previous complainant featured in a Press article, who used her scooter in fine weather only. On rainy days, someone would drive her to the supermarket and then use the one provided by the store (I believe it was Checkers, which apparently had a scooter). I agree though, this does seem like a Waitrose witch-hunt. Does Guiton have any interests in a rival chain? Maybe CICS? Or more likely, they are scraping the barrel for news.

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 01 May 2011, 9:48 am

The co op has one in its st sampson store .checkers used to have a few to use .
Disables folks need to be made welcome any where
but the amount of stuff that gets crammed into some shops would make it impossible for those scooters to get around .i have problems just using my walking stick in some shops as it is too full of stuff and stuff piled ionto the floors
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum