www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Games debut for David - aged 77!

Go down

Island Games debut for David - aged 77! Empty Island Games debut for David - aged 77!

Post by GD Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:46 pm

Jersey has sent a team of 205 competitors and 35 officials to the Island Games.

They have had just one chance to get to know each other, but, once at the games, competitors will be supporting their fellow islanders whenever possible.

In the Jersey team is shooter David Chapman - at 77 he is the oldest competitor, and the Isle of Wight marks his first games.

"I will just have to show them how to do it won't I?" said David. "I mean, they have an advantage in a way because they are younger and sharper with better eyesight, but I have experience. Whether that is going to tell or not properly, I don't know. We shall just have to see".

The table-tennis team boasts the youngest competitor, 13-year-old Vicky Barnes. She is joined by 15-year-old swimmer Declan Barnes to take on the role as water carrier.

"I am a little bit nervous, but I am really looking forward to it, "said Vicky.

The games hype has been building for weeks, but now they have all met, Team Jersey are focusing on just one thing - medals. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum