www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism Empty Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism

Post by GD Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

Decorated fibreglass donkeys on display around Guernsey are being removed after a vandal attack but could be sited in more secure locations.

A donkey at Admiral Park was ripped from its plinth and abandoned on Saturday evening.

The Guernsey Donkey Parade aimed to raise money for the island's Adult Literacy Project.

Trevor Wakefield, the project's director, said he was appalled by the damage to the donkey.

He said that in light of the vandalism, which destroyed the statue's feet, all the donkeys positioned in public places would be removed to prevent further attacks.

Mr Wakefield said he was appealing for anyone who could house a statue in a secure location to get in touch.

Guernsey Police said following a formal complaint made on Monday they were investigating the incident.

The Crime Prevention Panel has put forward a £200 reward for any information relating to the incident that leads to a conviction
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism Empty Re: Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism

Post by kat Mon 11 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

I am disgusted ...shame on who ever did this drunken vandalisimn
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism Empty Re: Guernsey Donkey Parade statues removed after vandalism

Post by schoolyjo Mon 11 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm

my six yr old was looking forward to going to hunt for these donkey`s, we had been down to the crown pier and she adored them, thank you whoever did this, youve destroyed someone time, money, effort and energy not to mention the talent that went into it and you destroyed many a dream of people that wanted to photograph them! im known for not being a "grass" but trust me if i find out who has done this i WILL report you!!!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:43 am

an absolute disgrace..they should bring back the birch for these little yobs...then they should be made to do menial jobs around the island(picking up dog crap etc) whilst wearing flourescent pink overalls x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum