www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’

3 posters

Go down

New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’  Empty New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’

Post by GD Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

GCSE students at St Sampson’s High will from next month have to do a computing qualification which, it is claimed, could leave them at a disadvantage should they apply to higher education.

A parent who asked not to be named said that doing the new information communication technology qualification, called Dida, would leave students with one fewer GCSE option – meaning that pupils would have fewer GCSEs than those at other high schools in Guernsey.

It would also put them at a disadvantage when applying to the College of Further Education and the Grammar School.

‘Parents have been told that it counts as several GCSEs if they do well, but Sixth Form, college and employers only see it as one
(from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’  Empty Re: New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’

Post by Alpy Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Hi guys ..I just deleted a post from here for a dating website....
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’  Empty Re: New ICT exam ‘will cost St Sampson’s pupils a GCSE’

Post by kat Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

this should be looked at asap as it is important that we give them the same advantages as other school
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum