www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice Empty Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice

Post by GD Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

Guernsey Electricity prices will rise twice in the next seven months to help the company recoup outstanding costs.

The rises of 2.5% on 1 October and a further 2.5% on 1 April have been agreed by the Office of Utility Regulation (OUR).

Alan Bates, managing director of Guernsey Electricity, said: "The costs are associated with the volatility in the wholesale energy market.

"This means they have to be recovered retrospectively."

He added: "These increases are necessary to ensure that the island's electricity supply remains secure.

"We believe this is a pragmatic approach to balancing the needs of the company to recover outstanding costs against the needs of consumers for prices to remain low.

"These increases are significantly lower than those recently introduced in the UK and by other local energy suppliers."

The OUR said a new four-year price control is due to be agreed from April 2012.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice Empty Re: Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice

Post by schoolyjo Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

flamin nora,,, where do i a buy a gas lamp from?

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice Empty Re: Guernsey Electricity prices to rise twice

Post by Thistle Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

typical of the excessive prices charged for lots of things in guernsey..
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:01 am

Typical they switch us all over to electric heating and the prices goes up so much we dare not flick the switch..look like some will have a very cold winter ,i just hope these elderly will be supplementary so they can keep warm ,and not the scrounging sods who claim sup and spend it all in the bloney pubs .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum