www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again

3 posters

Go down

Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again Empty Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again

Post by GD Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

Guernsey Bus' services have been cut back to coincide with the start of the school year while maintenance issues continue to dog the fleet.

Island Coachways said it would cut services on routes 1, 7 and 7A and this would continue until 1 October.

The company reduced its services in May as a result of unplanned repairs to its 41-strong fleet.

Managing Director Hannah Beacom cited the age of the vehicles as the primary reason for the maintenance problems.

She said: "Island Coachways would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to passengers and, once again, to thank them for their patience during this time." (from BBC)

mmm this doesn't add up.... I know the buses have has "problems" but it seems to be more than just maintenance problems...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again Empty Re: Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again

Post by Thistle Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

a shortage of drivers has been the problem since day one .oh and of course the fact that beacom wants new buses lol x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again Empty Re: Guernsey Bus runs reduced schedule again

Post by wayneg Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

ERR age of fleet no way !! I lived in guernsey now moved back to sheffield where i work for a major bus company & our fleet has 10 years & quadruple mileage on yours ! Its not the fleet try looking at your maintanance staff or knowing guernsey the lack of it !!!

wayneg

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down