www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries

3 posters

Go down

GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries Empty GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries

Post by GD Wed 28 May 2008, 8:17 pm

ONE of Britain’s biggest mail order groups has stopped all of its deliveries to Jersey because of problems with administering GST. And a St Helier sports shop may have to close, with two job losses, because of GST problems.

The mail order group Scotts and Co, and its nine partner companies, have had to suspend all deliveries to Jersey and ask all of their 6,500 customers in Jersey to provide them with alternative UK delivery addresses.

The complications arise because of the requirements placed on companies to provide essential details on invoices for the administering of GST at the ports. Marketing director Alli Oldham has apologised to anyone who has been affected and said they are reviewing the situation but are not too sure what approach to take.

Meanwhile a small local sports company is being forced to close down because GST is creating huge difficulties. Two members of staff at Ultimate Sports, Great Union Road, will lose their jobs and Island schools who use the company to get cheaper sports equipment will have to order from a UK store instead.(thisisjersey)

Only a start in my opinion, more to follow I think...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries Empty Re: GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries

Post by Pegasus Wed 28 May 2008, 9:15 pm

Watch other mail order companies stop sending to the Island I know of two other companies who now refuse to send there goods because of the GST 
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries Empty Re: GST: Mail order group stops its deliveries

Post by Troy McClure Wed 28 May 2008, 11:33 pm

GD wrote:...

Meanwhile a small local sports company is being forced to close down because GST is creating huge difficulties. Two members of staff at Ultimate Sports, Great Union Road, will lose their jobs and Island schools who use the company to get cheaper sports equipment will have to order from a UK store instead.(thisisjersey)

As I said in the other thread, I'd like to know what problem GST is causing this business as it's turnover is less than £300,000 it doesn't need to register, and therefore there's no administration.

If the business has failed due to higher costs, then that's the cost of doing business, NOT any complexity of GST.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum