www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rally fans ... Start your engines !

2 posters

Go down

Rally fans ... Start your engines ! Empty Rally fans ... Start your engines !

Post by GD Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

Rally fans have less than two weeks to wait for the Paperclix Jersey Rally a week on Friday.

86 cars are taking part in what is one of only two road races in the British Isles.

Local driver and last year's runner up Stevie Leonard is racing again this year. Last time he was only 1.5 seconds behind the leader, and this time is being tipped as the one to watch.

A high proportion of drivers are from the UK and although local drivers must each provide six marshals they are still short of between 30 - 40 for this year's race.

The Jersey Motorcycle and Light Car Club say full training will be provided and if you are a motoring enthusiast being a marshal is a great way to watch the action.

Richard Buchanan says: "You wont get a better seat than if you're a marshal because you're right on the edge of the action. I mean you're safe but the cars do come pretty close. So if you have any opportunity in motor sport this is a great opportunity to get involved at an initial level and see some great motorsport at the same time."

Marshals only have to sign up to one session, which could last up to four hours. So if you fancy getting up close to the racing action then contact Kerry Torpy on 077977 37 716.
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Rally fans ... Start your engines ! Empty Re: Rally fans ... Start your engines !

Post by Digger Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:49 pm

I wish !! pale
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down