www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flu vaccine has arrived

4 posters

Go down

Flu vaccine has arrived Empty Flu vaccine has arrived

Post by Dell Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

Guernsey's health authority has taken delivery of this year's first batch of flu vaccines.

Jabs will be offered to over 65s and those with high-risk medical conditions. They include chronic lung or heart disease, kidney or liver disease, HIV infection and diabetes.

It is also recommended for all pregnant women and for healthcare workers who are directly involved in patient care.

Guernsey's Director of Public Health, Dr Stephen Bridgman said, "Flu world-wide is a major cause of preventable death and ill-health. I would strongly encourage those invited, to attend for the protection of a flu jab. I would also remind people that seasonal flu spreads rapidly through small droplets, coughed or sneezed into the air, by an infected person. I would therefore recommend good personal hygiene (coughing or sneezing into handkerchiefs and then hygienically disposing of them) to prevent the spread of infection.

The vaccine is free, but there is a cost from GPs and practice nurses to administer the jab.

From Channel TV.

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Flu vaccine has arrived Empty Re: Flu vaccine has arrived

Post by Thistle Fri 07 Oct 2011, 7:56 am

there is also a chance that there isn't enough vaccine for the combined jab ..last year there were lots of peeps who could only get the single one at a much later date than it is usually given x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:13 am

Mine can be given to someone else ...no thank you.,I will take my chance as I have seen so many who have had this jab ill after it
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddycoon Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

It is a tricky one - I have had the jab for a few years now - due to me working in nursing field - last year I was unwell for 48 hours afterwards but I would rather that than have the real full on flu again which I have had before and left me ill for three weeks solid.
Diddycoon
Diddycoon

Female
Number of posts : 4775
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 07 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

took daughter to the doctors this afternoon bearing in mind not this was not my usual surgery but the country half of the practice and was immediately offered the flu jab for both of us from the most wonderful caring doctor i have met in a long time x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down