www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse

+3
kat
plimmerton811
GD
7 posters

Go down

Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse  Empty Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse

Post by GD Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

RUNNERS, shooters and the annual horse race meeting could end up having to pay to use L’Ancresse Common, its council chairman has said.

George Domaille made the announcement following negotiations of a new lease to allow the golf clubs to continue using the area.

He said that if the golfers had to pay more, it was only fair that all users of the common should pay.

‘That would mean the horseracing, the shooters, and the athletics,’ he said.

‘It would probably be a nominal fee.’ (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse  Empty Re: Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

In NZ when I organise races on council land I have to pay $3 per competitor. That is even when we use public paths that are free to members of the public to use for recreation.

Look at it as a donation to maintain the common.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse  Empty Re: Other groups might have to pay to use L’Ancresse

Post by kat Tue 25 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

they make enough money from this event so why not .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:24 pm

a common is no place for a horse to race on!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 7:37 pm

schoolyjo wrote:a common is no place for a horse to race on!

Whats that got to do with being charged to do it?

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

quite a lot! thats a bit of an extra dumb question! there shouldnt be the need to charge for horse racing on the common, because it shouldnt happen in the first place!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:02 am

You could also argue that a public beach is no place for motor racing or public roads no place for hill climbing but where else could they be done ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

the racing on the beach does not raise money ..there is not betting on who is going to win . it is funded by the club.it does not cost the tax payer money to keep these areas for racing.
we do need these kind of activities here . it gives folks something to do and many look forwards to it .
i dont like horse racing .but i do like the fact that the horses are allowed to have a run on the common.what a great place for them to run on.
but as for racing ,that is not for me to decide .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouzat Fri 28 Oct 2011, 8:00 am

Bottom line is, the States are penny-pinching again and are no longer going to subsidise the Commons Council to the tune of around £30,000 I think it was. So where else is this going to come from? Les habitants? Say there are 1,000 golfers( a conservative estimate?) - £30 on their membership fee is neither here nor there, I would suggest.
Bouzat
Bouzat

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:11 pm

schoolyjo wrote:quite a lot! thats a bit of an extra dumb question! there shouldnt be the need to charge for horse racing on the common, because it shouldnt happen in the first place!

Not dumb at all, stick to the topic not what you personally think. Whether they should or shouldn't race on the common is a separate issue to whether they should pay when they do race on the common and like it or not right or wrong they race on the common. So should they pay to do so.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

kat wrote:the racing on the beach does not raise money ..there is not betting on who is going to win . it is funded by the club.it does not cost the tax payer money to keep these areas for racing.
we do need these kind of activities here . it gives folks something to do and many look forwards to it .
but as for racing ,that is not for me to decide .

We need to take the racing as a specific sport out of the arguement and look at activities in general. Two basic categories is the activity organised or not organised. The common is open for all so a charge can not be levied for thiose who wish to go for a walk or cycle. However if the walk or cycle is organised then should a fee apply. If yes then there should be a further category. Is the activity fund raising or not. For instance if the athletic club hold the Boxing Day run on the common and charge for entry should a portion of the entry go to the Commons Council to upkeep the common. If a portion should go to the Council is this base on a per person entry or as a blanket fee, for instance 2GBP per entry or 200GBP to hold the event on the common.

The beach is a bit different because there is no upkeep, the tide does that for the organisers. But there should be a deposit to the States for those unforseen mishaps that need to be cleaned up if the beach is left in an unsightly state.

This is not straightforward and any charging will have to be looked at very closely to maintain a fair system to all.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

If the States don’t want to donate any more surely the States Police should be charged for the use of the rifle range at fort le marchant.

After all they regularly close off the whole headland perhaps £30k pa. Would cover it.

Marby

Male
Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : Scuba Diving
Humor : Dark
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down