www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schools one-way scheme unveiled

3 posters

Go down

Schools one-way scheme unveiled Empty Schools one-way scheme unveiled

Post by GD Thu 05 Jun 2008, 8:42 am

Schools one-way scheme unveiled 0587984
DETAILS of a one-way system around St Sampson�s High and Le Murier schools were today released by the Environment Department.
And it warned that if traffic levels become unacceptable, no-entry signs could go up on other roads, too. Having consulted Education and the emergency services, Environment has decided that the following will be one-way:

• Baubigny, from the junction of Duveaux Road/Rue de Bas to the junction of Baubigny Road/Le Bordage (northbound only).
  • Le Bordage, from Baubigny to Les Effards (westbound)
  • Les Effards (from its junction with Le Bordage to the junction of Les Hougues Magues Road/La Route des Capelles (westbound)
  • Oatlands Lane (from Les Gigands to Les Sauvagees (east-bound)
  • Epinelle Road (from Les Sauvagees to Baubigny (westbound)

The new schools road will remain two-way. The one-way system has been designed to maximise safety for vulnerable roadsusers while minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the area, said Environment minister Peter Sirett. (from thisisguernsey)

Sounds like its going to cause some big traffic jams especially at La Capelles
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Schools one-way scheme unveiled Empty Re: Schools one-way scheme unveiled

Post by gsyguy Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:39 am

make the kids walk,if they live 2 miles or under and bus it if the live further no need for this ball shite skool run lazy so n so's grrrr
gsyguy
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Gumble Thu 05 Jun 2008, 6:47 pm

FFS gsyGuy... on an island this small... agreed there are some lazy soccer mums who will clog the roads up but theres also some parents like me who FORCE the kids to cycle or walk the few miles to school. i provide my child with a bike, if he dont wanna use it, he can bloody well walk. we're not much further from the prison school than St Peter Port school. In effect, i dont own a SUV or 4x4 and i aint gunna ferry my kids 2 school. If more parents made their kids self sufficient and less reliant would we need a poxy one way system??

Discuss!!
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content