www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs

4 posters

Go down

Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs  Empty Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs

Post by GD Fri 27 Jan 2012, 5:09 pm

Islanders are used to paying a pound for a carton of Guernsey milk, but a local charity is hoping those cartons will soon be a cash cow for them.

Les Bourgs Hospice has launched a fundraising campaign encouraging people to fill specially-designed milk cartons with spare change.

The money raised will go towards helping to pay for the redevelopment of Les Bourgs Hospice.

The specially designed care facility has given Guernsey a fit for purpose home for those with terminal illnesses.

But that has come at quite a cost - they still have £1 million to raise to pay for the new building, and they are facing running costs of around £750,000 a year.

So that is where Connie the Cash Cow comes in.

More than 25,000 households will be delivered a flatpack carton next week. All you need to do is open it up, follow the instructions, seal the bottom shut tightly with tape - and then the important bit, fill it with money.

Islanders have six months to save up their spare change. Les Bourgs say they do not have a target for how much the campaign will raise but they will be grateful for every penny (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs  Empty Re: Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs

Post by dragon2224 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:46 am

I think its a brilliant idea, I have alot of time for Les Bourgs Hospice, they make sure a patient wants for nothing, are so good to family and friends, My much loved Mum spent her last days there, The staff are devoted to their work, wonderful, kind, caring, considerate, and this is all run in charity, I would be honoured to help such a worthy cause Heart1

dragon2224

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs  Empty Re: Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs

Post by Thistle Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:07 am

have got mine half full with copper coins already x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

Can we put any other monies in? i have coins from holidays .that i can put in it along with other coinage
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2224 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:41 pm

I w sunny ould like to think the Banks or exchange would help with all coinage for Les Bourgs, Thats a very good question though, Does anybody else know if this is the case ????

dragon2224

Female

Back to top Go down

Milk cartons could be cash cow for Les Bourgs  Empty We have not recieved ours yet, always have change though, normally the bottom of my habdbag lol

Post by dragon2224 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:45 pm

thumpup
Thistle wrote:have got mine half full with copper coins already x

dragon2224

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum