www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship

4 posters

Go down

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship Empty Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship

Post by GD Wed 14 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

Guernsey's Alison Merrien was the only Channel Island bowler to win a final at the British Isles Bowls Championships in Swansea.

The World Champion of Champions bronze medallist beat Lynn Stein 21-13 to take a record fifth women's singles crown.

Jersey-based pairing Gaynor Thomas and Alison Camacho were edged out 18-17 by England's Ellen Falkner and Sarah Seymour in their final.

The Channel Islands also lost the men's and women's fours finals to Scotland.

The men's foursome went down 20-18 while the women lost 24-10.

Merrien, who became the first woman to ever win five British Isles titles, told BBC Radio Guernsey: "Lynn is a top player but I managed to find some form and got on top of her.

"It's what we come here for, to try to become British champion, and I've managed to do it again.

"It's the first time anyone's managed to do five so it's a nice record to have.

"I'm not out to try and get records, I'm trying to be the champion and it's nice to be back up there and playing against some of the best in Britain."

The victory is a confidence boost for Merrien as she prepares to fly out to Australia for the world championships next month.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship Empty Re: Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship

Post by Dell Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:35 am

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship 206711

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship 350628

Excellent achievement Ali, many congratulations!! Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship 830761

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship Empty Re: Alison Merrien is sole CI winner at British Isles Championship

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:20 am

Why no mention of the Senior men's fours, who also eached their final and only lost by two shots, (19 - 17) to a very strong Welsh four.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

maybe because the topic is about the only winner lol x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

Thistle wrote:maybe because the topic is about the only winner lol x

It is not, it mentions all the other finalist who lost. I am beginning to get the impression your are delibrately winding me up. Why, how have I upset you to make you so antagonastic towards me ?

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

seems i didnt scroll far enough up kingcole.....a lot on my mind at the moment xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

OK, fair enough.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down