www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘You’ll regret new schools’ location’

2 posters

Go down

‘You’ll regret new schools’ location’ Empty ‘You’ll regret new schools’ location’

Post by GD Thu 12 Jun 2008, 10:09 am

BUILDING St Sampson’s High and Le Murier schools at Les Nicolles is a decision the island will live to regret, according to consultant Chris Shepley.
His review into Guernsey’s planning service highlighted the new schools as an example of what can go wrong when there is a lack of cohesion and co-operation between States departments.
Mr Shepley was in the island yesterday visiting members of the Environment Department and the Strategic Land Planning Group. He reiterated his concerns about the schools’ development, which has seen fierce debate in the past week about plans for a new one-way system.
He said it was unbelievable that the planners had not been involved in the decision before it was too late and that it should act as a constant reminder for the States in future dealings. ‘I thought the location of the schools was a very bad choice and it will be regretted for generations,’ said Mr Shepley. (from thisisguernsey)

It seems a typical States decision....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

‘You’ll regret new schools’ location’ Empty Re: ‘You’ll regret new schools’ location’

Post by Spirit Thu 12 Jun 2008, 1:23 pm

I don't like consultants, but Mr Shepley really seems to know what he is doing. He is trying to shake up the planning process and so far has some very positive ideas.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum