www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAINT; Barry John Edward

Go down

PAINT; Barry John Edward Empty PAINT; Barry John Edward

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

Manifesto to follow..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

PAINT; Barry John Edward Empty Re: PAINT; Barry John Edward

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:17 pm

PAINT; Barry John Edward Barry-Paint-300x258Our economy Guernsey has a long tradition of managing its economy efficiently. Over the centuries, we have been influential in diverse industries, from exporting preserved fish in the 15th Century, quarrying granite, exporting grapes, tomatoes and flowers, shipbuilding, tourism, to even marmalade production. Nowadays it’s Finance, E-Commerce and LCVR (Low Consignment VAT Relief) that have become the major employers of local labour and which contribute most to our economy. It is essential that local Government continues to offer support to these entrepreneurs who are actively searching out other openings in world markets.

Education The success of our local industries depends upon our standard of education and will ultimately have a great effect on our future economy. The quality of our education services that we offer our young people has to be the best we can afford and must be a top priority with the next Government. We are all aware of the findings of the recent Secondary Education report and this must be rectified as soon as possible. The States has already made some very necessary administrative changes and I shall support in any way I can the newly elected Education Minister and the Department in their efforts to put us back on track.

Social Security and Benefits. We all know that there are many locals who could not survive without States support and I agree with this policy. However, I equally believe that the Social Security Department should make more effort in encouraging those who are fit to work to do so that they can contribute to the local community. This could be achieved using various initiatives. For example, those unemployed could be used to maintain our cliff paths and beaches. This would not only give them a useful source of income but also help to keep them within the work ethic.

Finally Whoever you decide to vote for in the forthcoming election will need to be a person of courage and conviction. Representatives who are not afraid to speak their minds, who can contribute to good old Guernsey common sense to complex problems that may affect our future. I have 4 years of valuable experience of representing your views within the States of Guernsey and I hope my past endeavours on your behalf speak for themselves. If you give me your vote on the 18th April, I can assure you will get a no-nonsense Deputy who will fight to preserve the very best of Guernsey’s interests and those of you the voter.

bpaint@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum