www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey FC secure Combined Counties Division One title

Go down

Guernsey FC secure Combined Counties Division One title Empty Guernsey FC secure Combined Counties Division One title

Post by GD Sun 25 Mar 2012, 2:02 am

Guernsey FC beat Bedfont Sports 7-1 to secure the Combined Counties League Division One title.

The Green Lions took an early lead through a Ryan Zico Black free-kick, but Bedfont equalised shortly after with a overhead kick from Saman Kanani.

The home side were soon in front again as Matt Loaring got his head on the end of another edge-of-the-box free-kick.

In the second half braces for Ross Allen and Dominic Heaume and a goal from Dave Rihoy sealed an emphatic win.

It means Guernsey FC, in their inaugural season, have secured the title at the expense of second-placed Bedfont with two games to play and guarantees their promotion to the Premier Division.

A record crowd of 2,145 filled Footes Lane to see them win, although not lift, their first trophy.

Guernsey FC head coach Tony Vance told BBC Guernsey: "It's about the players, they were fantastic.

"In the first half we weren't great, but their response after half-time and our chat was magnificent. A couple of gimme goals got us ahead, but after that we totally controlled it.

"I'd like to say a big thank you to all the crowd, they've made this possible really, it's down to them that we can keep this going and I hope they back us next year as well."
(from BBC)

Well Done Lads
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down