www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes

3 posters

Go down

Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes Empty Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes

Post by GD Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

Waitrose branches in Guernsey have donated a total of £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes through its ‘Community Matters’ scheme since the stores opened last year.

Since Waitrose opened its two branches in Guernsey they have provided funding to a total of 76 local charities and causes around the island.

At the checkout of Waitrose Admiral Park and Rohais, customers are given a green token to vote for one of six charities and causes – three at each branch – selected each month. Each charity and cause receives a share of £1,000 which is divided according to the number of green tokens collected for each during the month.

Charities and causes that have benefitted so far include the special care baby unit at Princess Elizabeth Hospital which received £600, Grow Ltd which received £484 and the Guernsey Swimming Club and the Guernsey Group of the Riding for the Disabled Association received £430 each.

Allen Edwards, branch manager of Waitrose Admiral Park, said the scheme has been a great success:

“We believe it is important to give our customers a choice about which charities and causes Waitrose supports and we are thrilled with the success of the scheme. There are a large number of charitable organisations in Guernsey that carry out important work and are reliant on much needed funding and we are pleased that this scheme allows us to develop a relationship with them.”

Kate Raleigh, chairman of the Association of Guernsey Charities, said: “These funds can give a real boost to smaller charities and groups locally. Community Matters gives them a great opportunity to raise much needed funds, whilst the addition of flag days now helps larger organisations as well.”

In total, Waitrose branches in Guernsey and Jersey have donated more than £64,000 to charitable organisations across the Channel Islands.

Charities and causes interested in registering to be part of the Community Matters initiative should contact the branches for more information. (from Isle News0
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes Empty Re: Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes

Post by x360 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:25 am

I thought it was per store, so there I am putting my token into my chosen choice which I believe is going to get help and it might go to another one chosen from a different store. Doesn't seem right to me, two stores = two seperate charities.

x360

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes Empty Re: Waitrose donates £25,000 to Guernsey charities and causes

Post by kingcolemk Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

Crikey, do you critisise your grandmother. If you don't think it's fair, how about then Waitrose stop the scheme and don't give anything to your charities ?

In any case all the nominated charities receive a proportion according to how many tokens are in their box.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by x360 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

get off your high horse! sorry for thinking it was seperate charities. won't make any presumtions again just in case it upsets your Lidi ass.

x360

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum