www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queue for cheaper food at new store (Iceland Jersey)

2 posters

Go down

Queue for cheaper food at new store (Iceland Jersey) Empty Queue for cheaper food at new store (Iceland Jersey)

Post by GD Mon 16 Jun 2008, 7:32 pm

DEMAND from Islanders for cheaper food led to the new Iceland supermarket almost selling out at the weekend.
Customers were queuing to get in when the Georgetown store opened on Friday and freezers lay empty over the weekend as demand for the low-priced food outstripped supply.
The franchise is operated by Sandpiper, whose chief executive, Tony O’Neill, said that the response so far had been ‘phenomenal’. Consumer Council chairman Deputy Alan Breckon said that consumers were voting with their feet and looking for the good value.
Mr O’Neill said that the shop would get more supplies today and tomorrow, but Wednesday would see a significant increase in deliveries to meet customer demand. (from thisisjersey)

About time that consumers in the Island got decent deal on prices, roll on when the Guernsey Store opens....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Queue for cheaper food at new store (Iceland Jersey) Empty Re: Queue for cheaper food at new store (Iceland Jersey)

Post by Digger Mon 16 Jun 2008, 8:27 pm

Wow i have been saying that for years, if places like this came to the island they would clean up . when is ours coming ?
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum