www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey residents urged 'love food, hate waste'

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey residents urged 'love food, hate waste' Empty Guernsey residents urged 'love food, hate waste'

Post by GD Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:04 pm

Islanders in Guernsey have been urged to reduce their food waste in the run up to Christmas.

The Public Services Department has launched the Love Food Hate Waste campaign aimed at reducing the 4,500 tonnes of food waste produced on the island annually.

Deputy Scott Ogier said he wanted to "target measures that can help to reduce the amount of waste we produce".

The campaign involves a new website, recipe cards and advertising.

Tina Norman-Ross, island recycling officer, said Guernsey residents may waste more money than their UK counterparts, as local food costs were higher.

"A lot of research was done in the UK, looking in detail at how much food goes in the bin," she said.

"It has also looked at best ways to try and prevent this, which is where the Love Food Hate Waste campaign originated from."

The department said that local research had shown the average household in Guernsey threw away more than 170kg of food annually
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey residents urged 'love food, hate waste' Empty Re: Guernsey residents urged 'love food, hate waste'

Post by kat Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

Shame that food could not feed the 3rd world . I hate waste.bad housekeeping . our forefathers and mums would be so devastated as they face starvation in war year.
We as children were made to eat each meal ,nothing was wasted and once meat was brought it serves us for 2/3 days of different meals
We had a mincer to mince up left over meats to make pies . or other dishes
it is a shame youngsters are not taught how to cook at school properly
this is where the should start to educate the mums and dads of tomorrow .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down