www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study Empty Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study

Post by GD Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:30 pm

Guernsey retailers have been told they can choose whether to take part in a review of grocery prices.

The Channel Islands Competition Regulatory Authorities (CICRA) is investigating the cost of buying groceries in Jersey and Guernsey.

Andrew Riseley, the CEO of CICRA, said Jersey retailers could be forced to take part but Guernsey firms cannot.

He said he believed it was in the best interests of Guernsey businesses to co-operate with the review.

Mr Riseley said CICRA would use pan-Channel Islands retailers for the study, but had contacted a number of Guernsey only retailers to ask them to participate as well.

He said: "We have the power to make them take part in Jersey because of a particular provision in the competition law.

"We think the increased transparency that we are hoping the study will bring is in the interests not only of consumers but also of retailers."

The results of the review are due to be published in October.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study Empty Re: Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study

Post by bug1 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:38 pm

What a complete waste of time and effort.
If I decide to sell e.g. potatoes that I buy @10p/kg.How can anyone tell me what to sell at.?
I could be philanthropic and sell at cost
I could take a small profit and sell at 12p/kg
or I could sell at 20p/kg but surely it is my choice?
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study Empty Re: Guernsey retailers 'can choose' to take part in grocery study

Post by kingcolemk Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:17 pm

In an ideal world the producer, who does all the work and takes all the risk, should get a bigger profit than the retailer. But that ain't the case, nor ever will be.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:02 am

the idea is to find out what we allknow that guernsey residents are being ripped off..
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down