www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban

3 posters

Go down

Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban Empty Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban

Post by GD Tue 01 Jul 2008, 7:33 pm

PUB landlords are still reeling from the smoking ban two years after it was introduced, according to one.

Hampshire Lodge Hotel licensee Peter Leigh (pictured) said businesses like his had been hit hard. ‘It was total rubbish that the pubs would see an increase in non-smokers coming in,’ he said.

‘The ban was bound to happen eventually, but I still feel the polls done before were completely biased and didn’t show the correct figures. What’s not realised is that people are now having to go home to smoke which means they are drinking unsociable, bigger measures and possibly getting drunk in front of their kids.’

But Health and Social Services minister Hunter Adam sees the ban in a different light. ‘It was implemented on medical grounds. I was supportive two years ago and I am happy with the way it is going,’ he said. ‘Pubs were cautious due to worries of a downturn in trade but most have been lucky enough to provide suitable outdoor arrangements.’ (from thisisguernsey)

I do enjoy the fact of going into a pub and not coming out smelling of smoke, but I do have some sympathy for the licensee's that have certainly have lost a lot of business because of the smoking ban
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban Empty Re: Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban

Post by wayside Tue 01 Jul 2008, 11:38 pm

Of course there is a slight loss of business because of the Smoking Ban but 95% of those I talk to (including the smokers) say their night out is nmore pleasant without the smoking,

Only time will tell and you cant expect a habit of a liftime to be squashed in a couple of years but eventually it will all be forgotten that they used to smoke in pubs at all.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban Empty Re: Pubs remain unhappy with smoking ban

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 03 Aug 2008, 8:46 am

you are so right and the same will be said decades along that people will forget that once we had pubs....

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum