www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We want nurseries free for all

4 posters

Go down

We want nurseries free for all Empty We want nurseries free for all

Post by GD Sun 06 Jul 2008, 2:59 pm

CHILDREN should get free places at private nurseries as well as at States ones.

That was the overwhelming view of the Islanders who attended a consultation evening on the topic this week.

During the evening Islanders were asked to think about what they believe to be the fairest way to provide care and education to three- and four-year-olds to remove the ‘postcode lottery’ system that is currently in place.

Given four options, the majority felt that the best way forward would be for the States to invest in a partnership between the public and private nursery organisations.

Although it was not discussed how many free hours of care children would be given each week, the scheme would mean that the States would pay some of the fees of children at private nurseries. (from thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

We want nurseries free for all Empty Re: We want nurseries free for all

Post by Pegasus Tue 08 Jul 2008, 3:58 pm

It will only be another couple extra on % on gst, what the heck!
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Tue 08 Jul 2008, 8:39 pm

To be honest I am surprised that the financial employers don't subsidise / offer free childcare for qualified employees to return to work quicker. I'm sure that it would be a better option for them to offer that rather than lose that member of staff for a few years and re-employ someone else who may not be as qualified.

I'm sure that there are people out there who decide not to return to work purely due to the cost of private childcare!?
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by st_ouennais Mon 14 Jul 2008, 6:32 pm

Surely the real issue is the lottery of the current system. It enables luck wealthy people to have free states places, but randomly denies the poorest any hope of a place. Furthermore the provision of free places is very patchy. As I recall there is no free nursery at all in St Ouen, St Mary or St Peter - thats the whole of the North Western corner of the island. Is it a coincidence the provison of States nurseries is greatest near the financial work places, and least in the most rural agricultural part of the island?.

If you are gong to have free places they have to be either free to all, or not free to all, but at least allocated on some needs assessed priority basis, and within reach of the whole population of the island.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down