www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britains youngest doctor starts work.

2 posters

Go down

Britains youngest doctor starts work. Empty Britains youngest doctor starts work.

Post by Digger Sat 12 Jul 2008, 8:34 pm

Britain's youngest doctor starts work aged 22 Last Updated: 7:59PM BST 11/07/2008 Britain's youngster doctor is preparing to start work at the age of just 22. Heenal Raichura was accepted into university to study medicine in 2002 when she was 16, after a school career which had seen her several years ahead of classmates. Six years later she has passed her degree and is to start work at University College London Hospital where she hopes to become a surgeon. Dr Raichura said: "It's quite a surreal feeling to actually, finally, become a doctor after six years of a degree. To finally come out at the end and say, 'I'm a doctor', my childhood dream, is an indescribable feeling. Article continuesadvertisement "All I remember from when I was younger is wanting to be a doctor. "My parents tell stories about how I would come over and put my head against their chest because I didn't have a stethoscope to play with. "I was always interested in trying to figure out what was going wrong with the body." At just nine-years-old, Heenal joined MENSA with an IQ of 170 and became the youngster person to start secondary school. She took her GCSEs examinations early at the age of 14 at the France Bardsley School for Girls in Romford, Essex, and got 7A*, 3As and a B - the best results in her school that year. In 2002 she notched up four grade As and one B at A-Levels at the Coopers' Company and Coborn School in Upminster. Her proud father Nalin from Rainham, Essex, 65, said: "She encountered immense difficulty in finding universities that would accept her at the age of 16 because the minimum age at entry is 17 years 6 months." She was offered a place to study medicine at St George's University in London where she six years later she has graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree. She received her degree at a presentation ceremony at The Barbican Centre in London in June this year (2008) and is believed to be Britain's youngest doctor. On top of the normal five years of medical study Heenal also spend an extra year to get a degree in Anatomy and Developmental Biology from the University College of London.

Seems she is clever but does she have a good bed side manner ?
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Britains youngest doctor starts work. Empty Re: Britains youngest doctor starts work.

Post by Spirit Sat 12 Jul 2008, 9:14 pm

Britains youngest doctor starts work. Article-1034371-01EB222A00000578-989_233x423

She would look pretty good at my bedside.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum