www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH

+4
Vince
Pete Burtenshaw
kiwis kitten
GD
8 posters

Go down

Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH Empty Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH

Post by GD Mon 28 Jul 2008, 11:15 am

Guernsey Police and drug concern are raising the alarm over legal highs.

4 young islanders- that's 2 youths and 2 juveniles- had to be taken to hospital after taking different kinds of tablet.

One had a dove motif; the other is apparently called a spaced head.

Officers say parents concerned about legal high abuse should contact their GP, drug concern for advise. (from Island FM)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH Empty Re: Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 28 Jul 2008, 12:31 pm

This makes me so angry....why cant they make it illegal??? does it take a child to die before they do anything about it....
:evil:
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH Empty Re: Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 29 Jul 2008, 8:31 pm

yes it does.....because this is Gsy and we just will not do anything about anything......until it's too late......People bury their heads in the sand............... and end up burying their children..But who gives a dam....

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Legal Highs see 4 youngsters rushed to PEH Empty Drug pushers

Post by Vince Fri 28 Nov 2008, 3:14 pm

I want the whole goverment arrested for making money out of the 2 most addictive drugs, That kill more kids each year ( no close shaves) actually kill, When they ban the sale of these Killers, and hand back the millions they have made from the misery there drugs of choice have made, to Charity Like AA Alanon ect, and give back the thousands of lives that are lost every decade.

Of course They Cant, No deaths proven directly linked to legal high's... Em how many per week from there products the ones they endorse.

Its nice to live in a glass house, but avoid the stone throwing, as most headshops have a far stricter policy towards there product then any pub or shop I have ever been in....And stop shouting Think of the children, a bit silly when the majority of the parents out there believe that the 2 legals are far more dangerous. Unless of course they suffer the same lack of real world education that you seem to suffer from.

Embarassed by the lack of education out there.

Vince

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 28 Nov 2008, 5:59 pm

vince, who is this post aimed at??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Fri 28 Nov 2008, 8:05 pm

Vince wrote:I want the whole goverment arrested for making money out of the 2 most addictive drugs, That kill more kids each year ( no close shaves) actually kill, When they ban the sale of these Killers, and hand back the millions they have made from the misery there drugs of choice have made, to Charity Like AA Alanon ect, and give back the thousands of lives that are lost every decade.

Of course They Cant, No deaths proven directly linked to legal high's... Em how many per week from there products the ones they endorse.

Its nice to live in a glass house, but avoid the stone throwing, as most headshops have a far stricter policy towards there product then any pub or shop I have ever been in....And stop shouting Think of the children, a bit silly when the majority of the parents out there believe that the 2 legals are far more dangerous. Unless of course they suffer the same lack of real world education that you seem to suffer from.

Embarassed by the lack of education out there.

Ah Vince are you for real? these "Legal" highs are the worst things that are around on the market today, the youngsters using these do not have any idea of the damage they ill do to themselves.

The only people that benifit from these drugs are the dealers, they are making £1000's from the Youngsters.In Jersey we have banned them but they are avaialble on the black market,

Lets get real Drugs like these will kill

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sat 29 Nov 2008, 12:55 am

There should be some regulation on them

If these Legal Highs were classed as a medicine, they would immedietly not be able to be sold in Guernsey, except in a pharmacy, because the ingredients would not be on the list that allows them to be sold in a regular shop.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 29 Nov 2008, 10:14 am

the Law needs to be changed fast.lobby a deputy to do it fast!
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Sat 29 Nov 2008, 12:12 pm

The law is currently being looked at and it is likely that the contents of such products would be looked at to establish common factors. This could then be legislated against as restricted medicines are.

In relation to Vince's post, I imagine that he is targeting the alcohol and cigarettes issue and the harm these 'legalised' forms cause.

I certainly can't argue that smoking and alcohol related deaths form the largest part of health problems, but I think it would be naive to believe that drugs and legal highs also do not cause harm.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sun 30 Nov 2008, 10:07 pm

I suppose in a way Alcohol is a legal high

The extra taxes on alcohol does not work on reducing drinking, it is affecting the way people drink though, which in turn can actually make the drinking problem worse.

People would go out and have a few 25cl drinks of spirit during the night, now many of them buy a bottle from the supermarket and stay home and have probably 3-4 times the measure of spirit in a glass.

They probably end up drinking far more at home than they would have if they went out,

Also social life in the island is changing because people cant afford to go out 2 or 3 times a week like they used to, they cut back to just once, this in turn is affecting the pub trade.

These new so caled legal highs though need either banning or at least regulating.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 01 Dec 2008, 5:28 pm

Wayside, why regulate this drug?

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Mon 01 Dec 2008, 6:26 pm

Its not a option I like and would prefer a ban, but at least cigarettes and booze have some regulations in place it seem these legal Highs have none, the supporters of them will say why ban them when alcohol and tobacco are not banned, so if they cant be banned at least regulate them.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 01 Dec 2008, 9:38 pm

wayside wrote:Its not a option I like and would prefer a ban, but at least cigarettes and booze have some regulations in place it seem these legal Highs have none, the supporters of them will say why ban them when alcohol and tobacco are not banned, so if they cant be banned at least regulate them.

Your argument for regulation does not convince me in the slightest.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Mon 01 Dec 2008, 10:38 pm

Pete why dont you read what I say properly

"These new so caled legal highs though need either banning or at least regulating".

The preference is Banning, If thats not possible for whatever reason they should be regulated,
I am not argueing in favour of regulation, as banning is preffered.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 02 Dec 2008, 5:28 am

wayside wrote:Pete why dont you read what I say properly

"These new so caled legal highs though need either banning or at least regulating".

The preference is Banning, If thats not possible for whatever reason they should be regulated,
I am not argueing in favour of regulation, as banning is preffered.

Then say banning rather then regulation.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum