www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lies and smear campaigns

+3
Pete Burtenshaw
Pegasus
GD
7 posters

Go down

Lies and smear campaigns Empty Lies and smear campaigns

Post by GD Mon 04 Aug 2008, 10:17 pm

Lies and smear campaigns. That's how police in Jersey have described a report on the islands historic abuse enquiry, in the Mail on Sunday.

According to the article a government official and Jersey MP are attempting to cast doubt over the investigation, by suggesting the bone and teeth fragments may have originated from landfill.

That's an accusation which was denied at a press conference last week. Jersey Police say they're surprised the paper decided to print the article in light of recent forensic evidence. (from CIonline)

Oh Dear not good..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Lies and smear campaigns Empty Re: Lies and smear campaigns

Post by Pegasus Mon 04 Aug 2008, 10:48 pm

Lies & Smear campaign from the Mail never lol
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 14 Aug 2008, 8:51 pm

The Jsy gov are 100% corrupt and sums up these men and women who should hang their heads in shame. Those who cant see anything wrong with what they have done are just as guilty. We should look at our States and children’s homes/elderly care homes & other homes and services who are there to support the more vulnerable in our island.....I bet we aren’t that clean and I bet there are ex staff and current staff who are still shaking in their shoes that a case similar to Haute La Garenne may just be opened up here.....However I somehow feel that those who hold the strings of power have taken the necessary steps to ensure nothing is divulged and if it does then a plan will be put in place to deny such accusations and make the whistle blowers life hell.......

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu 14 Aug 2008, 9:00 pm

More on sky news.
The man in charge of Jersey's child abuse investigation has said that his
whole inquiry is being obstructed by the very people appointed to bring
charges against suspects.

Lies and smear campaigns 15010928

Former children's home on Jersey Haut de la Garenne

In a damning memo obtained by
Sky News, former Deputy Chief Officer Lenny Harper said the
obstructions were destroying victims' faith in the island's justice
system.

He wrote: "This is illustrated by a briefing I have had from the NSPCC Counsellor working alongside (the police).

"He has received a text message from a victim to say, 'It is a joke.
Another two walk away. No wonder no one will come forward.'"

Mr Harper continued: "I feel, as do the investigators, that we were badly let down by the legal advice delivered from afar."

He added that he had received a "shoddy and unprofessional service".

The memo is being used as evidence in an application to the High Court in London.

The Island's former Health Minister, Stuart Syvret, who is a
long-time critic of his own island's government, is demanding that Jack
Straw MP, the UK Justice Secretary, take over the investigation and
appoint an independent legal team.

"On the island, we have a breakdown in the rule of law," Mr Syvret told Sky News.

"Police being wilfully obstructed by the Attorney General (William
Bailhache) and his agents... Jack Straw must intervene and appoint
independent judges to the island."

Police have now completed their search of the former children's home on Jersey's east coast.

Since February they have discovered more than 150 human bone fragments and 65 children's milk teeth.

They have obtained detailed accounts from more than 150 alleged victims of abuse.

Many of the accounts, some heard by Sky News, are horrific. Former
residents spoke of rape, drugging and beatings at the hands of their
carers.

Lies and smear campaigns 1655495

Police discovered 'Punishment Rooms'

Many of the alleged victims claim that they tried to come forward in the past but that their accusations were ignored.

But despite police saying they have more than 40 suspects, only three have so far been charged with any crimes.

A murder investigation is unlikely despite human remains being found at the home because carbon-dating has been inconclusive.

Mr Harper's leaked memo gives an insight into methods of justice and governance on Jersey.

It reveals that the island's Attorney General, William Bailhache, wanted to appoint an independent lawyer to assist the inquiry.

Mr Harper quoted Mr Bailhache as saying this was "in order to prevent you from barking up the wrong tree at an early stage".

Mr Harper wrote: "There was some discussion over his wish to have
the lawyer placed within the incident room. I, the Association of Chief
Police Officers, and others saw this as a highly unusual step, and
objected to that situation."

It also reveals that the Attorney General questioned the publicity that the police were giving to the investigation.

Mr Harper claims in the memo that Mr Bailhache was of the view that
"the circulation list for... police press releases is too wide and
encourages wider comment".

In response to that concern, Mr Harper wrote: "What would happen if
we did indeed cut our circulation list? (The media) would... ask why.

"When we gave the truthful answer that the AG thought it a good idea
to curtail circulation and a wider coverage they just might, in the
light of the many allegations of cover up against his office, think
that they had here positive evidence of the 'wilful obstruction' which
he was recently accused of.

"No matter how unjust that might be, it would be an obvious outcome."

Mr Bailhache told Sky News: "I can assure you that I am not going to
discuss with the media any memoranda going to and fro with me and the
police."

He added: "The position is that Jersey has been delivering justice week in, week out for centuries.

"There is no reason to think that it will not be delivered in any of the cases that are part of the current investigation."

Not looking good at all is it?
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Thu 14 Aug 2008, 9:05 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:The Jsy gov are 100% corrupt and sums up these men and women who should hang their heads in shame. Those who cant see anything wrong with what they have done are just as guilty. We should look at our States and children’s homes/elderly care homes & other homes and services who are there to support the more vulnerable in our island.....I bet we aren’t that clean and I bet there are ex staff and current staff who are still shaking in their shoes that a case similar to Haute La Garenne may just be opened up here.....However I somehow feel that those who hold the strings of power have taken the necessary steps to ensure nothing is divulged and if it does then a plan will be put in place to deny such accusations and make the whistle blowers life hell.......
Got any proof?

I don't believe that the States are 100% corrupt, I don't think that some of the paranoid conspiracy theorists like you help the situation making these wild claims.

The Police have a bloody cheek accusing the MoS of lies and smears, Lennie Harper is full of smears, and while even I wouldn't accuse him of lying I'd say he was grossly incompetent to the point he lacked the ability to tell the truth from his opinion.

Are there people working in homes in Jersey that have done wrong and whose quality of care has fallen short? Yes, almost certainly, just as you'll find anywhere.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy Thu 14 Aug 2008, 9:06 pm

probably theres a lot of innocents in wots happend there? as per usual when the media get hold of it the story gets distorted and the truth where ever it was disapears,all this happend so long ago well recent history to some,and the times were different to a point,as for myself i forget the original reason as to why it all started now
gsyguy
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 22 Aug 2008, 9:35 pm

Troy, live in the real world and stop defending the guilty. Where is your proof these animals have not commited the offences. Thank goodness for Stuart S and Lenny H......

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 22 Aug 2008, 10:13 pm

they are trying to cover up for these horrible crimes.those who are guilty should be brought to justice and get want they deserve
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Sat 23 Aug 2008, 1:08 am

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:Troy, live in the real world and stop defending the guilty. Where is your proof these animals have not commited the offences. Thank goodness for Stuart S and Lenny H......
I do live in the real world Pete, and where exactly have I defended the guilty?

Now read you 2nd sentence above again. Can you really not see how daft that sentence is?

I've got no problem with you voicing your opinions, even if I disagree; but when you're disagreeing with yourself it makes me wonder whether your opinion's are worth bothering with at all: more and more they just seem like wild incoherent ramblings.

If Sen. Stuart Syvret is 100% corrupt, as you claim, why in your next post do you thank goodness for him?

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum