www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mental Health Patients face nine month wait

+2
wayside
GD
6 posters

Go down

Mental Health Patients face nine month wait Empty Mental Health Patients face nine month wait

Post by GD Mon 25 Aug 2008, 3:46 pm

I could not believe the front page of the Guernsey Press, saying that people with mental health problems could wait 9 months before they can see a psychologist

This has to be a joke in today's society, someones head needs to roll, people with these sort of problems need immediate treatment not just put on a shelf to wait, and the comment that they will aways "TRY" to respond to an urgent case, Trying is not good enough, It should become a priority case straight away

I am sorry, but to me this is way out of order...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Mental Health Patients face nine month wait Empty Re: Mental Health Patients face nine month wait

Post by wayside Mon 25 Aug 2008, 6:40 pm

How many mental health patients can there be do we only have 1 psychologist or something?

mental issues can not wait 9 months
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Mental Health Patients face nine month wait Empty Re: Mental Health Patients face nine month wait

Post by Digger Mon 25 Aug 2008, 7:44 pm

This is disgusting we often hear in the states meeting "we have a gold plated health service" My question is where if they hadn't wasted all that money they spent on overspends through incompetence on their part we would be able to employ two or three more trickcyclists . These people need help now not in nine months or more ,when someone is at their lowest ebb to be told you will have to wait is unbelievable in this day and age ,god knows what the consequences would be. They should hang their heads in shame.

What really got me in the article in the press is they will have to do a risk assessment , have you ever heard the likes. You have failed the people of guernsey shameful.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Gumble Mon 25 Aug 2008, 9:29 pm

Ask the next ripper......

Sad, but true??
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 26 Aug 2008, 9:06 am

its like anything else in our health service two tier.if you have the cash to pay you will be seen immediately.its not just mental health where there is a problem.how about our daughter is nearly 29 years old. she has downs syn drome and autistic tendancies .she has speech problems but has never ever had a single session with a speech therapist.peter roffey assured me before he left his position as health minister that a therapist for adults had been employed.my question is where is she and how long will our daughter have to wait for this service
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Gumble Tue 26 Aug 2008, 12:05 pm

I think thats shocking Thistle! And i bet theres others out there like yourself waiting as well. Thats what makes it so bad. I hope things start moving soon thistle
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by oneprettybiatch Tue 26 Aug 2008, 1:10 pm

Bloody hell i'm guna have a long wait then eh? haha..

But actually this is rather awful! I've not really looked into mental health but from a general knowledge i should rather think it can't just wait.

oneprettybiatch

Female
Number of posts : 54
Humor : Hysterical! :P
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum