www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This copper should go

4 posters

Go down

This copper should go Empty This copper should go

Post by GD Thu 11 Sep 2008, 7:19 pm

A GRANDMOTHER-of-eight has revealed the trauma she suffered following an incident with a police officer that left her shaken and with bleeding wrists.

Rosemarie Holt, 64, spoke about how she was handcuffed and ordered into a police van, with no reason being given. PC Stuart Allan was found guilty of assault in the Magistrate’s Court on Friday, fined £250 and now faces a chief officer’s disciplinary panel.

The mother-of-four and former Swissville nanny was shocked by her treatment when stopped in Fort Road at 7.25pm on 1 March. She was driving to her daughter’s house to babysit. She was first aware of blue flashing lights behind her at the bottom of Le Val des Terres and was pulled over, halfway along Fort Road.

‘[PC Allan] wrenched my car door open and shouted “get out, get out”. The way he looked at me was terrifying,’ she said. She repeatedly asked what she had done. ‘He eventually said I had gone over a white line on North Esplanade.’

Feeling faint, she leant against her car. PC Allan twisted her arms behind her back and handcuffed them, without arresting her or asking for a breath sample. ‘I said, “That’s really hurting me”. My right wrist was bleeding. I just thought: “This isn’t happening, this isn’t Guernsey”.’

Two further police officers arrived after PC Allan, understood to be ex-army and from the UK, called for backup. ‘I felt relieved, but PC Allan’s attitude changed. They asked if I was on any drugs and I said only for my blood pressure and cholesterol,’ she said.

‘He said: “Let’s just forget about all this”, and tried to help me out of the van.’ She was released without charge. (from thisisiguernsey)

Sounds like a man who used to be an MP in the army and still thinks he is....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

This copper should go Empty Re: This copper should go

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 12 Sep 2008, 8:02 am

I feel sorry for the victim Mrs Holt in this matter. The PC who assaulted, bullied, disrespected, intimidated, abused and demeaned Mrs Holt should be sacked and shipped back to the UK, those officers who committed perjury in court should also be sacked. I question the support given by 'Jones & Guille' and the comments in the local rag about sacking this PC. Why they can not support those who are being evicted from their homes in the same way only brings me to assume that they are using this case to have a pop at those in the Home Department and if this is the case they should be sacked. The press should have picked up on this but hey this is the gov ran paper here not as bad as the JEP but close.

Mrs Holt should get compensation and an unreserved public apology from Wigam and the an internal enquiry should be set up addressing the vetting procedures used by the Police in the recruitment of Police Officers, with the enquiry addressing the growing problem of alleged internal bullying and discrimination which is allegedly rife within the force. It seems that the media (press) are concentrating on the PC's army background and blaming this. I must say that his army background should be excellent grounding for the Police Force purely because of his training. Perhaps he's been in a theatre of war and PTSS is a contributory factor here.
One positive note, I have nothing but praise for the Police Officer I dealt with last week with regards criminal damage being carried out by two morons where I live. The officer was all a PC should be very professional. There are more good PC’s & WPC’s then bad ones.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:27 am

It seems a bit strange to me that it took so long for her to pull over, this obviously wound up the PC but I also find it strange that he cuffed her, I assume there must have been some aggression from her to push him that far and the cuts on the wrists imply that she was struggling as merely putting on the cuffs would not have caused this.

so was the PC temporarily incensed by the fact she would not pull over and was out of order not cautioning or arresting her before putting her in cuffs or was the lady more of a problem than we know about, and he just forgot to follow procedure
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:46 am

Why was he on his own in a police car anyway.I always though they had to be two of them.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 12 Sep 2008, 6:52 pm

Wayside, have you read todays press with the victims side of the assult if not read it it should address the points you have raised.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 12 Sep 2008, 6:53 pm

kat wrote:Why was he on his own in a police car anyway.I always though they had to be two of them.

I have seen many officers driving on their own in Police cars........one large officer licking a rather large 99 icecream with flake whilst driving a long Cobo!!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Wed 17 Sep 2008, 6:09 pm

The question is was justice done and if so who by??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down