www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill

3 posters

Go down

Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill Empty Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill

Post by GD Fri 19 Sep 2008, 12:53 pm

Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill 16652

Two people were taken to hospital in Jersey on Thursday after a trailer became disconnected from it's towing vehicle and smashed into an oncoming car.

The collision, involving a Landrover Discovery and a Honda Jazz, happened just before 7pm on La Pulente Hill.

The connection of the trailer to the tow bar of the Discovery had come loose as the car came around the bend in the road. The trailer veered round the corner into the coming Honda.

There was only one male driver in the Discovery and two adults and a child in the Honda. Both the male driver and female passenger from the Honda were taken to A&E with leg injuries and chest pain.

Station Manager Marc Le Cornu told Channel Online: "The fact that the occupants of this car escaped with only minor injuries is testament to the design of modern vehicles and also to the fact that they were wearing seatbelts."

"It is imperative that anyone towing any kind of trailer ensures that it is correctly secured prior to undertaking their journey, additional
measures can be taken such as fail safe chains that also connect the trailer to the vehicle," he added. (from CIonline)

Its about time a law was passed to ensure that all safety chains are fitted, and used and it would be an offence not to have them fitted and used..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill Empty Re: Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill

Post by kiwis kitten Fri 19 Sep 2008, 12:58 pm

My god ....brings back memories of my mother and brothers accident in Ireland....although it was a road roller that became unhinged and went into the car they were travelling in......They had very serious injuries and are still having to live with them now...but i thank god every day i still have them here to tell the tale.....
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill Empty Re: Trailer crash on La Pulente Hill

Post by Pegasus Sat 20 Sep 2008, 12:02 am

Well it could of been a lot worse, about time new regulations are introduced
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male