www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand

2 posters

Go down

Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand Empty Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand

Post by Chok Dee Ja Mon 17 Nov 2008, 10:53 am

BANGKOK: -- Thai Meteorological Department warned Monday the impact of the tropical storm "Noul" that was about to make landfall in neigbouring country of Vietnam and would impact on the kingdom through most of the week.

The Meteorological Department's statement about 6 am Monday said tropical storm Noul in the mid-South China Sea was centered about 550 km east of Ho Chi Minh City with sustained winds of 65 km/hr, and that it was moving westward at a speed of 18 km/hr.

The storm is expected to strikethe Southeast Asia land mass in southern Vietnam during Monday and Tuesday (November 17-18) and begin moving inland.

Thailand's Eastern and eastern Northeastern provinces will experience more rainfall, and the already prevailing northeast monsoon over the Gulf of Thailand will strengthen with waves above two metres from Tuesday through the rest of the week.

All ships should proceed with caution during this period, the Meterological Department announcement said.

Scattered rain will envelop the eastern side of southern Thailand, with heavy rain expected in Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phattalung, Songkhla and Narathiwat.

Meanwhile, Thailand's northern provinces will experience cold weather and thick fog.

Arrow Think I better go look to buy a jumper :-)

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand Empty Re: Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 17 Nov 2008, 9:59 pm

fingers crossed its only a storm and nothing more drastic.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand Empty Re: Tropical storm warning issued for parts of Thailand

Post by Chok Dee Ja Mon 17 Nov 2008, 11:59 pm

No signs of anyhting yet in this area,i think i will give the jumper and wellies a miss i much prefer life in barefeet and shorts :)

:gym 1:

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down