www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate

+4
Pete Burtenshaw
kat
Digger
GD
8 posters

Go down

Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate Empty Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate

Post by GD Fri 21 Nov 2008, 7:44 pm

PART of the Grand Bouet estate could become a strategic industrial reserve if new sites can be found for social housing.
The Strategic Land Planning Group is looking at the feasibility of extending the Pitronnerie Road industrial estate eastwards into the Grand Bouet.
That would mean finding alternative sites to replace the 150 units of social housing planned as part of the latter phases of the Bouet estate’s redevelopment. The first phase, which will replace 54 homes with a similar density of one- and two-bedroom units, would not be affected.
In the Billet for next month’s States meeting, the Housing Department says reducing the high concentration of social housing in the Bouet would have advantages and would support the creation of smaller estates to replace these homes.
The SLPG is hoping to have fully investigated the idea by January. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate Empty Re: Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate

Post by Digger Fri 21 Nov 2008, 7:56 pm

Sounds good but they would have to make sure they could find elsewhere to locate the site for much needed housing. The good thing about it is that Pitronnerie rd is already a industrial area and it makes sense to have multiple outlets in one place less driving around to different parts of the island to get things.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate Empty Re: Industry could use chunk of Bouet estate

Post by kat Fri 21 Nov 2008, 8:02 pm

read the report properly...54 units sounds good until it says futher down a MINIMUM of 54..so in real guernsey talk.. all will be cramed into a smaler space and the land wil go to industrial .no wonder they did not want the children to walk down that way it will be too dangerous in a few years time and they hjave already removed a house on the courner of la vrangue to cope with the extra traffic to new industrial place .i oonly hope they can fill these places for folk to trade from and for locals to work in
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 21 Nov 2008, 8:22 pm

I say dont PLEASE let any of those arty farty crowd near the Bouet site......PLEASE.I've seen snells art and woeful impact on art in the windows of gabriels some time ago.SHOCKING

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 21 Nov 2008, 8:44 pm

i agree it is just a fancy graffite
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:31 am

yes and its also an afront to good art and artists and we have some amazing artists over here.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:57 am

Kat i have reread it and as far as i can see the idea is to find more sites for the rest.

Quote:
That would mean finding alternative sites to replace the 150 units of
social housing
planned as part of the latter phases of the Bouet
estate’s redevelopment. The first phase, which will replace 54 homes
with a similar density
of one- and two-bedroom units, would not be
affected.

The Housing Department says reducing the high concentration of social
housing in the Bouet would have advantages and would support the
creation of smaller estates to replace these homes.

In the Billet for next month’s States meeting, the Housing
Department says reducing the high concentration of social housing in
the Bouet would have advantages and would support the creation of
smaller estates to replace these homes.

It all sounds good to me but i will listen to the debate next month.

Last edited by Digger on Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sat 22 Nov 2008, 10:14 am

kat wrote:i agree it is just a fancy graffite

I can imaging that coming from Hilda Baker. ROFL
I will be smiling for the rest of the day.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 10:41 am

glad to make someone smile lol
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Jones Sun 08 Feb 2009, 9:47 am

We at Housing have no wish to see another soulless large rambling housing estate at the Bouet.

We have already identified alternative sites where we can build smaller housing projects which I believe will have a much better chance of becoming small communities. If we don’t learn from the mistakes of the past then we are destined to repeat them in the future. Some of the land at the Bouet could go over to light industry but it will need to be properly landscaped and not intrude on the new phase one housing development or have any significant impact on the quality of life for the new tenants, all points I have made at the Land Use Planning Group meetings. If any of you have any other views on that part of the island, I would genuinely be interested to hear them and will pass them on to my board.

Dave Jones

Dave Jones

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 08 Feb 2009, 2:16 pm

yes i have a good question!
if the industrial site is to be made bigger please make sure the roads and infrastructure going to it are used properly
so many times have i seen great big lorries thundering along the bouet with a man on a motor bike in front .
just because a motor bike can go easily along these roads a huge lorry cannot
the houses along the route are being shaken to bits
they need to go down the new Elizabeth avenue road onto the main road to the harbour
I know there is a traffic light that causes a problem with some drivers who are not too good at steering these huge lorries
so perhaps if the environment was to remove this light over a few feet to the wall it might help .
this would certainly help and keep the big lorries away from neighbourhood roads
next... build a new post office in the Admiral park area so they have not got to bring those huge lorries up la vrangue
opss sorry we have got a new post office already too late!
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 08 Feb 2009, 3:13 pm

found this when i was reading the report yet again

Density and Mix
The potential for a high density
development is closely related to the
design and quality of the public realm
and parking provision. Principles
detailed above should be taken into
account when proposing the density
of the development to avoid
dominance of vehicles. The minimum
density envisaged for the site is 54
dwellings. This will be supported by
a
mixed tenure scheme (social and
partial ownership) that creates a
sustainable, balanced community.
The profile of the potential occupiers
indicates that the most appropriate
mix of unit sizes is one and two
bedroom flats/houses, which should
be designed towards meeting the
Lifetime Homes Standards as a
benchmark for good practice in social
housing development.
Scale

does this mean they can build many many more there .thus being able to include homes for those they will loose to industry
i look forward to Deputy Jones putting me right on this
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Jones Mon 09 Feb 2009, 8:20 am

No Kat it dosn't, the density will actuly be reduced with 54 homes in Phase 1 as the report says it will also be a mixed tenure development (social and partial ownership) that creates a sustainable, balanced community). Phases 2&3 are unlikly to go ahead at the Bouet providing alternative sites can be found, which I believe they can.

Dave Jones

Dave Jones

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Mon 09 Feb 2009, 11:32 am

just asking as it does say minimum and we all know how things get turned around ,before we know it we will have a 100 there .because we did not understand the billet!
i just hope they don't continue with the same build as what the ru maris and bus place is .lets have a different identity please .and not higher than two storeys please as it would ruin the area even more .
love the idea of the streams being renovated . just hope they remove the rubbish from la vrangue stream that will feed it as we could end up with terrible consequence .
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by morty Sun 22 Feb 2009, 8:46 pm

Hi
I don't know why people always criticise the bouet estate, the majority of people here are good upstanding Guernsey people.
i like living here and i have very good neighbours. all trouble caused is by youngsters from other Estates.
I would hate to have Dave Jone's job, i have always had good ties with Housing and i think housing is doing a good job. We here would like to stay with states housing and not the Housing association.
At the moment our Estate looks very empty because of courtil ash being empty and ther a quite a few gone on my part of the Estate.
None of us know when we are moving, I still think it must be so frustrating for Dave and his Committee.
Regards to all on Vue Des Isles

morty

Male
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : unemployed. My lap-top and mostly on Facebook
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Jones Thu 26 Feb 2009, 7:54 pm

I thank Morty for his comments, the problem is that the homes at the Bouet have come to the end of their natural life, and you have nothing to fear from the GHA we are their regulators and the rebate scheme you get with States Housing will be no different at the GHA.

Dave

Dave Jones

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 26 Feb 2009, 8:37 pm

when the houses become available you will be notified of where you are being moved to.as you are being asked to move by the department a moving package will be available to you.i know several people who live on the grand bouet and they are fine upstanding people.it only takes one or two to give a place a bad name.the housing department have a very difficult job to do and try to do it as fairly as possible.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by morty Thu 19 Mar 2009, 8:59 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Dave, I and my neighbours feel so much better on hearing from you. we know it is a hard task for yourself and your staff getting us all re-housed. But knowing what a good Minister of Housing you are, we have great faith in you and your staff.
I have always been on good terms with your staff, and from Managers to Maintenance they are all highly professional and very helful to your tenants.
On a couple of occassions i have heard tenants using obscene language to your staff, there is no need for this and they should be brought to justice. Onc again thankyou Dave for re-assuring your Bouet tenants. Best Regards and " keep up the good work "......

morty

Male
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : unemployed. My lap-top and mostly on Facebook
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum