www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister

4 posters

Go down

Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister Empty Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister

Post by GD Mon 08 Dec 2008, 6:33 pm

Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister

Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister 0573885_2_cropped

Senator Terry Le Sueur is the Island’s new Chief Minister.
He was elected by States Members in a secret ballot today, winning 36 votes compared to 17 gained by newly-elected Senator Alan Breckon. They were the only two candidates to have come forward to replace Frank Walker as the head of the Council of Ministers.
Both Senator Le Sueur, the Treasury Minister for the last three years, and Senator Breckon, the Jersey Consumer Council chairman, gave speeches to the House before being questioned by their colleagues.
The States met this morning after existing and newly-elected Members had taken their oath of office in the Royal Court. They return on Thursday to elect Ministers and chairmen of committees and scrutiny panels.(thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister Empty Re: Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister

Post by Troy McClure Mon 08 Dec 2008, 7:07 pm

While I'm not a huge fan of Sen. Le Sueur, I do think this was the best result.

Ironic maybe that you could say it's the least worst option.

I think it's important that the CM be somebody with experience in representing the whole Island, and Sen. Breckon has yet to prove himself in that role, and a lot of what I read of his 'policies' (a loose term) seem to be, while worthy, costly. And without any real proposal about how he would pay for them.

Hopefully he'll play an active part in the new assembly, and prove himself a worthy candidate for the role in 3years.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Wed 10 Dec 2008, 9:48 pm

By Ben Quérée
Terry Le Sueur is Chief Minister 0605284_cropped

SENATOR Ben Shenton has withdrawn his nomination from the Council of Ministers at the last minute, saying that he cannot work with Chief Minister-designate Terry Le Sueur’s chosen line-up.
He says that in talks about the role with the new Chief Minister, he was never once asked about the policies and views that he would bring as Education Minister – a role he had already publicly accepted.
St Ouen Deputy James Reed – a ‘hardliner’ on States spending – was drafted in to replace Senator Shenton, the current Health Minister, as the Education Minister nominee yesterday afternoon. It is understood that the Education job was also offered to and rejected by St Mary Constable Juliette Gallichan. Deputy Roy Le Hérissier said that it was ‘highly probable’ that he wouldchallenge for the Education post.
In Senator Le Sueur’s nominations for the nine ministerial positions, filed with the States Greffe this morning, the Transport Minister’s slot which had apparently been declined by several Members before finally being filled by St Brelade Constable Mike Jackson – the first time a Constable has been nominated to a ministerial position.
• The nominations are: Treasury: Philip Ozouf. Economic Development: Alan Maclean. Environment: Freddie Cohen. Health: Paul Routier. Home Affairs: Ian Le Marquand. Social Security: Ian Gorst. Education: James Reed. Transport and Technical Services: Mike Jackson. Housing: Terry Le Main.
• Picture: New Chief Minister Terry Le Sueur (from thsisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Wed 10 Dec 2008, 10:27 pm

I dont balme Ben, the choice that Terry is making spells disaster for the Island

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Wed 10 Dec 2008, 10:34 pm

He makes our Lyndon look good.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053