www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PoSH Rate payers to bail out God?

5 posters

Go down

PoSH Rate payers to bail out God? Empty PoSH Rate payers to bail out God?

Post by Troy McClure Sat 20 Dec 2008, 5:38 pm

Church to go bust? (link to thisisjersey.com)

Turns out that some numbskull at the Parish handed over £1m to God's rep. to fix his roof without seeing whether that was all that was needed; so now he's back 'threatening' to close shop and leave if the Rate-payers don't stump up another £1.1m for the interior!

I say lets cut our loses at a million and wave them goodbye.

Seriously, Con. Alan's idea to ask the States to foot part of the bill, while well meaning I'm sure, is still stupid. If God want to peddle his lies the least he can do is fund the upkeep himself.

And if the congregation can find £1.1m in the next few months then they should be able to find enough to pay their bloody Parish Rates too.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

PoSH Rate payers to bail out God? Empty Re: PoSH Rate payers to bail out God?

Post by Chok Dee Ja Sun 21 Dec 2008, 9:08 am

Have a merry xmas :)

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Sun 21 Dec 2008, 7:59 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Church to go bust? (link to thisisjersey.com)

Turns out that some numbskull at the Parish handed over £1m to God's rep. to fix his roof without seeing whether that was all that was needed; so now he's back 'threatening' to close shop and leave if the Rate-payers don't stump up another £1.1m for the interior!

I say lets cut our loses at a million and wave them goodbye.

Seriously, Con. Alan's idea to ask the States to foot part of the bill, while well meaning I'm sure, is still stupid. If God want to peddle his lies the least he can do is fund the upkeep himself.

And if the congregation can find £1.1m in the next few months then they should be able to find enough to pay their bloody Parish Rates too.

Well Troy whats wrong with the tax payer supporting the church....

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Mon 22 Dec 2008, 2:09 am

It's wrong because not all the tax-payer's are members of that church/religion. Will there be a call for £2m from the Jews? Muslims? Catholics? What about other organisations that happen to be non-religious, but have premises in need of repair?

I happen to be a tax/rate payer in St Helier, I can't really afford the Parish Rate; so I appealed to Con. Crowcroftto under his discretionary power to reduce or waive the Parish Rate for those in financial hardship. Unfortunately the retards at the Town Hall took more than a month to reply to my appeal, which they rejected (which I find totally unfair, but that's another story), their delayed reply meant the due date had passed, so to twist the knife the Constable added 10% late-payment surcharge to the bill I had to borrow money to pay.

I shouldn't have to be forced to borrow money to pay the bills of people who choose to believe in a fantasy world of spirits, and want me to upkeep their clubhouse.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Sun 28 Dec 2008, 3:31 pm

Troy McClure wrote:It's wrong because not all the tax-payer's are members of that church/religion. Will there be a call for £2m from the Jews? Muslims? Catholics? What about other organisations that happen to be non-religious, but have premises in need of repair?

I happen to be a tax/rate payer in St Helier, I can't really afford the Parish Rate; so I appealed to Con. Crowcroftto under his discretionary power to reduce or waive the Parish Rate for those in financial hardship. Unfortunately the retards at the Town Hall took more than a month to reply to my appeal, which they rejected (which I find totally unfair, but that's another story), their delayed reply meant the due date had passed, so to twist the knife the Constable added 10% late-payment surcharge to the bill I had to borrow money to pay.

I shouldn't have to be forced to borrow money to pay the bills of people who choose to believe in a fantasy world of spirits, and want me to upkeep their clubhouse.

You sinner Troy, Its been a tradition for years like paying for Honorary police who are a complete waste of money but its something we have to pay for,

I bet you turn to to God in your hour of need

Simple Me

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Sun 28 Dec 2008, 4:15 pm

Simple Me wrote:You sinner Troy, Its been a tradition for years like paying for Honorary police who are a complete waste of money but its something we have to pay for,

I bet you turn to to God in your hour of need
It is not the same as the Honorary Police; while some may feel they're a waste of money they're remit in theory is worthy and is supposed to benefit the whole community equally: The same can not be said of any of the conflicting religions.

Why do you say I'm a sinner? it's your POV, maybe that of some people's religion, but it's only a POV. Which of my 'sins' have effected anybody negatively? and is it fair to condemn me for those sins to a life in hell, for example, under your beliefs?

And you lose your bet, I do not turn to any God, fairy, spirit or pretty ornament in my times of need.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason the Maverick Sun 28 Dec 2008, 5:15 pm

Yer exactly, flippin rip off.

Jason the Maverick

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Thu 01 Jan 2009, 10:16 pm

Jason the Maverick wrote:Yer exactly, flippin rip off.

Well Jason you a good chuch choir boy, you will end up in hell

Repent your sins

Simple Me

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Fri 02 Jan 2009, 11:19 pm

Simple Me wrote:
Jason the Maverick wrote:Yer exactly, flippin rip off.

Well Jason you a good chuch choir boy, you will end up in hell

Repent your sins
So because somebody feels it's not his responsibility to finance the upkeep of a church you condemn him to hell?

How very 'Christian' of you. :roll:

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 03 Jan 2009, 9:13 am

it is my belief church members should pay for repairs to church buildings and not the ratepayers.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum