www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main

2 posters

Go down

Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main Empty Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main

Post by GD Tue 06 Jan 2009, 7:44 pm

HOUSING Minister Terry Le Main is to press on with plans to reduce the wait for housing qualifications by another two years, despite objections from some of his political colleagues.
Last month Senator Le Main told the JEP that he intended to ask the States to bring down the wait for housing qualifications from 12 to ten years. He believes that the time is right to consider reducing the wait for ‘qualies’ because the housing market has slowed dramatically over the last few months.
But he has come under fire from JEP readers and politicians over this suggestion, which is now one of the most commented upon articles on the JEP website. Many Islanders are not convinced that reducing the time limit is going to have too much effect on the housing market, whereas others have welcomed the suggestion.
Senator Le Main said that he did not read comments on the website or blog entries and confirmed that he had not changed his mind. ‘As I said last year, my officers will look at the effects of reducing the wait for housing qualifications further, and once I get their advice I will look at it,’ he said.(from thisisjersey)

Is he right? in the current "Recession" I don't think this would a wise decision...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main Empty Re: Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main

Post by Simple Me Wed 07 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm

Don't worry GD your States will soon be following us

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main Empty Re: Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main

Post by GD Fri 09 Jan 2009, 9:49 pm

Ten-year qualifications on way, insists Le Main 0610568_cropped

JERSEY’S housing qualifications should not be reduced, according to newly appointed Assistant Housing Minister Sean Power.
He says that the market is overinflated and that locals are struggling to get on to the property ladder. This view appears to put him in conflict with his minister, Senator Terry Le Main, who has been in favour of a reduction to ten years.
Deputy Power (pictured) said that an internal investigation had recommended leaving the qualifying period at its present level of 12 years. But Housing’s stance on the situation was unclear this morning after Housing Minister Terry Le Main said that nothing was being discussed or decided until a finished report he had sanctioned was completed next month.
Speaking yesterday, Deputy Power said there was too much instability in the Island for the States to start ‘messing with the market’. He said that a recent internal review by the population and migration department was against reducing the waiting period for housing qualifications this year.(from thisisjersey)

A States member that speaks sense...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down