www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas Empty Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas

Post by GD Fri 09 Jan 2009, 10:40 am

For the second year running Submarine has published its Christmas Retail Spend Survey and we are providing the results for both years side-by-side for comparison.

It’s the same sample database as 2007. In 2007 there were 212 respondents, in 2008 there were 201 respondents.

Neil Inder of Submarine says: 'Broadly, you can assume that the respondents will be office workers between the ages of 25 to 60. It is likely that they are spending a lot of time online. Having said that with 85% broadband penetration within Guernsey we would suggest that the it is a reasonable assessment of that whole age group’s spending patterns'

In 2006 and 2007 there was a large migration to online purchasing, in many instances replacing catalogue purchases. However, although an obvious shift in 2008 it appears not as catastrophic as has been previously predicted..

Between 2007 and 2008, allowing for demographic discrepancies there is nothing within these results that show:
- further migration to web based purchasing; informed industry comment has suggested a slower migration or a plateau effect and this may be born out by these results
- or a collapse in consumer spend in Guernsey

In 2007 53.77% of the sample made over 50% of their purchases off island
In 2008 55.33% of the sample made over 50% of their purchases off island

Download Guernsey Christmas Retail Spend in it entirety from the following link

SURVEY

(from Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas Logo)

Did you spend more/less online this year?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas Empty Re: Guernsey Retail Survey - Christmas

Post by Pegasus Fri 09 Jan 2009, 10:42 pm

Sorry but I fail to see how this survey can be right, I for one (even though I like in Jersey) spent more buying goods on the net than before,

Prehaps in Jersey we see better online buys?

Last edited by Thistle on Sat 10 Jan 2009, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : overquoting)
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum