www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving trading business to Guernsey

2 posters

Go down

Moving trading business to Guernsey Empty Moving trading business to Guernsey

Post by mrttt Mon 19 Jan 2009, 10:51 pm

Hi all,
After a few months of investigation I'm close to deciding on moving my business (currently in Scandinavia) to Guernsey. I would very much appreciate any feedback to the below.

The advantages would be
- 0% Company tax. Income tax of 20% and social security of 10.5%. Correct? (Compared to comp tax of 30%, soc sec. 32%, income tax approx. 40% in swe)
- No import VAT or VAT generally (compared to swe vat of 25%)
- No day to day accounting. Correct?
- Possibility of exporting to EU countries with the customer paying that countries import VAT (better than swe 25% when I export currently)
- Business friendly
- No VAT for importer when exporting items below £18

Disadvantages
- Housing. I suppose renting on the open market would be my best option.
- Fees to CSPs for company registration. Can anyone recommend a suitable CSPs?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone with knowledge of any of the above could send me a PM. If someone is interested in helping me with practical issues of the relocation such as the above, I might be inclined to pay for such services.

mrttt

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Moving trading business to Guernsey Empty Re: Moving trading business to Guernsey

Post by GD Mon 19 Jan 2009, 10:59 pm

mrttt wrote:Hi all,
After a few months of investigation I'm close to deciding on moving my business (currently in Scandinavia) to Guernsey. I would very much appreciate any feedback to the below.

The advantages would be
- 0% Company tax. Income tax of 20% and social security of 10.5%. Correct? (Compared to comp tax of 30%, soc sec. 32%, income tax approx. 40% in swe)
- No import VAT or VAT generally (compared to swe vat of 25%)
- No day to day accounting. Correct?
- Possibility of exporting to EU countries with the customer paying that countries import VAT (better than swe 25% when I export currently)
- Business friendly
- No VAT for importer when exporting items below £18

Disadvantages
- Housing. I suppose renting on the open market would be my best option.
- Fees to CSPs for company registration. Can anyone recommend a suitable CSPs?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone with knowledge of any of the above could send me a PM. If someone is interested in helping me with practical issues of the relocation such as the above, I might be inclined to pay for such services.

You have certainly done your home work, and yes all of the above applies, Don't know your finances but renting would be the cheaper option, open market property is expensive to buy.

I am sure that the local chamber of commerce would be more than glad to give you all the advice you need in setting up over here, not sure what staffing you will need but good staff does not come cheap

I wish you every success with your move..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum