www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gasp Going Too Far

+3
wayside
plimmerton811
Thistle
7 posters

Go down

Gasp Going Too Far Empty Gasp Going Too Far

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Jan 2009, 9:09 am

GASP PRESSURE FOR TOUGHER ANTI-SMOKING LAWS

Local campaign group GASP is calling for a ban on smoking in cars when children are on board….
They say its key in protecting youngsters from the dangers of
second-hand smoke. The calls come as GASP prepare to launch their new
website to spread their anti-smoking message through cyberspace
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Gasp Going Too Far Empty Re: Gasp Going Too Far

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 29 Jan 2009, 11:27 pm

They are right, if you think about the damage smoking does in a confined space such as a cinema and public house then think about the damage to a child in a confined area. Other countries have been doing infomercials for some time on the dangers of smoking in cars when children are present, this includes smoking in the car whilst waiting for the kids to come out of school, because you put the fag out it doesn't mean that the poisons have disappeared.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 30 Jan 2009, 1:17 am

I agree that smoking in cars when children are present is wrong, I dont see why anyone even smokers cant see that it's not right to inflict smoke on a child that has no choice but to inhale it.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Fri 30 Jan 2009, 5:43 pm

I smoke but i agree you should not subject children to smoke when they have no other option but to breath it in , that goes or adults also.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Jan 2009, 11:24 pm

I wonder when it's going to stop - we 'vote' in the members we want to govern us (rightly or wrongly).....then along come STEPS and GASP and we are suddenly being governed by 'non-elected' groups!!!! wot's going on....I am totally sick of being told what I can and can't do.....I have been there, done that etc etc and now I am a pensioner....bought my children up, been widowed, smoked, gave up, without anyone telling me to do it....now all I want is someone to tell me how to live on a pension in Guernsey - with my savings reduced to nil interest.......and the cost of living sky high....

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 03 Feb 2009, 7:38 pm

It is common sense...... it is wrong to smoke in front of children, when they are present, in the car, at home, wherever!

They have undeveloped lungs and are more easily affected and who knows what illness or diseases they will get in later life as a result?

Smokers, in my view, are selfish people who generally do not think about those who are near them, by choice or otherwise, children or adult, who have to breath in their second-hand vile concoction of chemicals. Try and enter most pubs or restaurants in St Peter Port and you will know what I mean - the smelly smokers are there blocking the entrance and the footpath giving you the 'evil eye' as you dare to ask them to move aside to allow you to gain entry/exit!!

I used to be one of these weak people, but gave up over 17 years ago, so feel able to comment!

The main reason that government does not ban smoking is because of the massive loss of revenue that they would have to find from elsewhere!! Balance this against the cost to health services and .... well work it out yourself!!

Sorry,turned into a bit of a rant as I stood on my soapbox!! Gasp Going Too Far Devil-0003
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 03 Feb 2009, 8:50 pm

I have to say - as a pensioner who is finding it increasingly hard to make ends meet, I dread the day when the 'government' outlaw smoking/drinking - because then they will create another 0-10 type situation and the money will have to be found somewhere - at the moment as I see it the smokers and drinkers prop up the health system with the largest chunk of taxes. I might add that I didn't vote in most of the members of our states - but I did vote!!! - only to find that GASP, STEPS, SAS and the likes seem to have the loudest shout!!!! So why don't we bypass the states and votes for the people who know what is best for us.......and no I do not smoke - I can't afford to!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guernseyguy07 Thu 19 Feb 2009, 5:12 pm

that is a bit far! But i do see where they are comin from
Guernseyguy07
Guernseyguy07

Male
Number of posts : 53
Job/hobbies : Computers,MSN,Skype,Facebook anything
Humor : Wats Humor
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 19 Feb 2009, 5:18 pm

i can as well gg but as an exsmoker of 40 a day i always lit up when driving .having stopped three years ago i can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke and nobdy smokes in my car now.not even passengers.lol
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 19 Feb 2009, 6:04 pm

As an ex-smoker of a 40 a day habit, I really am the worst around anyone now, whoever they are, who smokes! I would never have thought that I would be like I am now but, well..... there we go!
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 19 Feb 2009, 6:34 pm

Must say Karma is as Karma does!!!! I am also an ex smoker and a veggie and my second marriage is to a 'tear off it horns and wipe it's ar*e and bring it to my table' Australian!!!! who smokes (but not in the bedroom - well not tobacco :-)))) - so I guess I am just getting my Karma back from when I smoked and ate 'almost' raw meat.....I just 'put up and shut up' as I've been there, done that etc etc.......

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down