www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public opinion sought on national park plan

5 posters

Go down

Public opinion sought on national park plan Empty Public opinion sought on national park plan

Post by GD Fri 06 Feb 2009, 9:33 pm

Public opinion sought on national park plan 00477171_cropped
ISLANDERS are being asked for their views on how to make the St Ouen’s Bay area into Jersey’s first national park.
Today the Planning and Environment department published a discussion paper for public comment. Opinions received will be included in the draft Island Plan.
There will be public workshops this month and next to help resolve key issues, such as: What would be the boundaries of the park? What additional protection would be applied? What objectives and purposes should the park promote?
The idea for a national park was strongly supported in the Island Plan green paper consultation. Out of 196 comments on the question, 78 per cent of respondents either agreed or strongly agreed that a national park should be created.
Environment Minister Freddie Cohen said: ‘‘I believe the creation of a national park will help conserve the St Ouen’s Bay area for future generations. There will be opportunities to contribute online and I urge anyone interested to get in touch with my department.’(from thisisjersey)

I think its a great Idea for the Island...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Public opinion sought on national park plan Empty Re: Public opinion sought on national park plan

Post by karma Fri 06 Feb 2009, 9:43 pm

Isn't he the man who helped make the St Helier Seafront so ugly???? I apologise if I'm wrong but......ugly it is (and I'm a donkey who loves Jersey)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Public opinion sought on national park plan Empty Re: Public opinion sought on national park plan

Post by Spirit Fri 06 Feb 2009, 10:26 pm

I would like to see the same thing done to Vazon Bay, a marine National Park.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 06 Feb 2009, 10:31 pm

That would stop SAS in their tracks!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus Fri 06 Feb 2009, 11:33 pm

[quote="GD
Environment Minister Freddie Cohen said: ‘‘I believe the creation of a national park will help conserve the St Ouen’s Bay area for future generations. There will be opportunities to contribute online and I urge anyone interested to get in touch with my department.’(from thisisjersey)

I think its a great Idea for the Island...[/quote]

Gd you have no idea, cohen is looking for brownie points after the waterfront mess
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 07 Feb 2009, 7:50 am

a great idea.we need more green areas for future generations to enjoy
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 07 Feb 2009, 11:49 am

Hmmmmmmmmm - not sure about a manicured island!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum