www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift

3 posters

Go down

Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift Empty Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift

Post by GD Tue 10 Feb 2009, 7:33 pm

Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift Colour-0615925_4_cropped

THE Council of Ministers have signalled for the first time that job cuts might be needed across the public
sector.
In a marked departure from their usual reluctance to tackle the hugely controversial issues of States pay and manpower levels, they have said that ‘difficult choices’ will have to be made.
The warning was issued as ministers gave their clearest indication yet that Islanders should brace themselves for cutbacks across the public sector. Ministers have said that pay as well as staffing and service levels will need to be reviewed to achieve ‘substantial savings’ as the spectre of recession looms ever closer.
The forecast of tough decisions lying ahead is made in a consultation document released last week which sets out the priorities for the new Strategic Plan. It will set out the social, economic and environmental priorities for the next five years and is due to be published this year.
Islanders are encouraged to have their say and Chief Minister Terry Le Sueur (pictured) has promised that their voices will be listened to. From today, the JEP will be helping to stimulate debate about the Strategic Plan by publishing summaries of the main points of the consultation document each day. (from thisisjersey)

Well looks like "Hey I work for the States and my job is safe" days might be gone..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift Empty Re: Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift

Post by karma Tue 10 Feb 2009, 9:24 pm

Wonder how much the 'golden handshakes' will set the states back ...hmmmmmmmmmmmm Shocked

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift Empty Re: Recession: States jobs could go in policy shift

Post by bug1 Tue 10 Feb 2009, 9:51 pm

Don,t worry.Mr Trott will fund it from the States FLOAT.Same place he found the money for our oil tanker "Fleet"
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum