www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

+5
GD
Thistle
kiwis kitten
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13 Empty Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

Post by kiwis kitten Fri 13 Feb 2009, 1:05 pm

kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13 Empty Re: Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

Post by bug1 Fri 13 Feb 2009, 3:01 pm

I wish it were more "unbelievable"
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13 Empty Re: Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

Post by karma Fri 13 Feb 2009, 3:05 pm

“She’s my daughter. I love her and she will want for nothing.” anyone thought to tell these 'parents' who is going to pick up the tab for her wanting for nothing.......

It is an early April Fool's Joke - isn't it????

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 13 Feb 2009, 7:48 pm

she should be taken to court for statutory rape and so should he as they are both under 16 years old.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 13 Feb 2009, 11:17 pm

And that would achieve? What?????

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Sun 15 Feb 2009, 11:41 am

A second teenager has reportedly claimed to be the father of a child born to a teenaged girl in a case which has caused an outcry in Britain.Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13 Art.cameron

British Conservative party leader David Cameron has expressed his dismay over the case.

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13 Corner_wire_BL

According to reports earlier this week Alfie Patten was only 12 when the baby was conceived with his girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman, 15.

The Sun tabloid newspaper reported their daughter, Maisie Roxanne, was born on Monday.

It carried photos and interviews with the pair and their child on Friday and Saturday.

Alfie told the newspaper that he thought "it would be good to have a baby."

While Chantelle said they wanted to "prove to everyone" that they could give Maisie a "great future" and that they both planned to stay in school.

However, on Sunday the Sun's sister paper, the News of the World, reported that Richard Goodsell, aged 16, was claiming he was Maisie's father.

"I know I could be the father. Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes -- even my mum thinks so.

"Only a DNA test is going to sort this out properly. If I am the father, I have the right to know," he told the News of the World.

The situation has provoked a wide response, with Conservative party leader David Cameron telling the British Press Association that parenthood should not be something the teenagers should even have been contemplating.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown said "all of us would want to avoid teenage pregnancies," PA reported.

(from CNN)

This just shocks me...

They are still kids! Only 13 and 15 year old!

So where are their parents?

Are they capable of handling the situation?

or is this poor child going to end up in care?

I feel very sorry for this baby..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Sun 15 Feb 2009, 12:35 pm

Thistle wrote:she should be taken to court for statutory rape and so should he as they are both under 16 years old.
As both are under 15years old I doubt there'd be any point in taking it to court, especially as who would be the defendant as are 'accepting responsibility'?

The 16year old boy claiming he could be the father is running the risk of a statuary rape charge, but it could depend on his age at conception.

It's not really that surprising IMO, offer the chance of sex to many 12year old boys and they'd jump at the chance, whether they'd have any great success is another question, but obviously these kids got 'lucky'.

It makes me more sad that that the exploitative media are asking this 13year kid what he intends to do to finance his child's upbringing, and then shaking their head ruefully when he doesn't have an answer. They know before they ask what his response will be; the same as any 13year olds answer to "What are you going to be when you grow up?", but they ask so they have something to print in a shock horror headline.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Feb 2009, 1:06 pm

I agree - it was a shock horror - lets sell more papers - headline.....Has anyone spoken to the 'out of work' family who should have been protecting these children?????

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy T Sun 15 Feb 2009, 2:35 pm

He was asked how he would cope financially....he said whats financially?

He's asked for a DNA test to prove he's the real father......I wonder if he can spell DNA?
Andy T
Andy T

Male
Number of posts : 2275
Job/hobbies : Music,writing songs,playing guitar,going to gigs
Humor : Daft Bugger
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.myspace.com/andytowellofficial

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Sun 15 Feb 2009, 2:45 pm

Andy T wrote:He was asked how he would cope financially....he said whats financially?

He's asked for a DNA test to prove he's the real father......I wonder if he can spell DNA?
What's your point?

Put a lot of 13year olds in a stressful situation, like in front of a TV camera, and they'd fluff an answer or two that they might normally be able to give.

Without looking it up could you answer what DNA stands for? What does it matter?

...and I'm not normally a grammar or language stickler, but if you're going to question a 13year olds education and spelling prowess you might want to correctly punctuate your post.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 15 Feb 2009, 5:56 pm

So ....... all the sexual awareness training at school that the UK government is pushing ahead with for younger and younger children is working then?

The parents seem to be handling the whole thing very well, today's papers show that Alfie's father is taking him to London so that he can sell the story to the highest bidder! Beggars belief! With an attitude like that, out of work, on benefits, father to - I think I read 9 children, some step but none-the-less, what example is he setting? The wrong one in my view!!
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Feb 2009, 6:06 pm

I think I read that article which said Alfie's sister Jade was a mother at 13 (or maybe that was Chantells's sister - not sure)so nothing unusual there then - it must be in the genes!!!! (or is that should have stayed in the jeans)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Tue 17 Feb 2009, 2:07 pm

Alfie, 13, who is awaiting the results of a DNA test to determine whether he is the father of week-old Maisie, is currently on half term from Willingdon Community School in the East Sussex town.
His mother, Nicola Patten, 43, will have to explain to the court why he was regularly absent during a five-month period last year.
She could be fined under the Education Act.
A source close to the family said: "Alfie may look like butter wouldn't melt but he is quite a wild kid. He is often seen hanging out with older boys on the housing estates when he should be in school." .
Chantelle Steadman, Maisie's 15-year-old mother, is said to have gone into hiding until she gets the results of a DNA test to determine the baby's paternity.
The tests could be back as early as next Monday.
Two other boys came forward over the weekend to say they could be the father after sleeping with Chantelle about nine months ago and up to six other boys have been named locally as potential fathers.
Chantelle insists she has only ever had sexual intercourse with Alfie.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex County Council yesterday said it would no longer comment on any aspect of the Alfie case.
She said: "We are saying that we did not pay for the DNA test. It is not something we would do.
"But we will not be commenting on this issue any further.

This gets more weird by the minute....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 17 Feb 2009, 5:24 pm

And Social Services are doing what exactly?
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:40 pm

Monitoring the situation closely - what did you expect :roll:

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 17 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

A lot of 'monitoring' and little interaction!!
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 17 Feb 2009, 9:12 pm

Until the unfortunate child is found with fatal injuries

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 17 Feb 2009, 9:18 pm

Article in Sunday Mail stated that there were a lot more child deaths than were being reported in the media. Suggested the situation was getting worse!! Social Services in certain parts of the UK appear to be failing the community very badly. Not comfortable reading at all!!
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 17 Feb 2009, 9:21 pm

disgraceful in my opinion, especially on the salaries they command! Kids were safer going up chimneys !!!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Thu 19 Feb 2009, 7:44 am

karma wrote:Until the unfortunate child is found with fatal injuries
That's quite a slur on the character of these two young people that you would think neglect and infanticide will be the likely outcome for this child.

Troy McClure

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 19 Feb 2009, 8:05 am

nobody is saying this will happen with the two very young parents.it is a sad fact in todays society.imo the baby should be taken away from these two very young children and put up for adoption.
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 19 Feb 2009, 5:13 pm

You would have to consider Alfie 13 years & Chantelle 15 years being adopted as well then if we follow your logic, wouldn't you say Thistle? They are both still 'children' in the eyes of the law.

Their parents have shown that they have not provided sufficient care and protection for these children, especially if you consider the way that Alfie's dad has punted him about London looking for a media source that will pay for their 'story'!
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 19 Feb 2009, 5:15 pm

yes they are dell and maybe the parents should be looking at why this happened.what the heck was a thirteen year old doing having sex of any kind
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 19 Feb 2009, 5:54 pm

At the home of his girlfriend, allegedly! As her parents are said to be unemployed and therefore not working, were they home too, so was it with their knowledge? Sound all wrong to me!
Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by x360 Thu 19 Feb 2009, 6:09 pm

heard alfie has joined fathers for justice, he doesn't understand the politics but he already has the spiderman costume Razz

x360

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next