www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse?

3 posters

Go down

Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse? Empty Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse?

Post by GD Thu 19 Feb 2009, 10:24 pm

Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse? Mono-00627910_cropped
A JERSEY-born nurse and her family are outraged that she has been ‘driven away from the Island’ because Health and Social Services will not give her a job without experience.
Qualified nurse Aimée Ollivier (21) has been forced to endure 14-hour shifts and financial heartache on a low wage in a UK hospital.
She and her mother, Clare Cooper, were furious after reading a story in the JEP this week that nurses from the UK were leaving the Island because it was too expensive to live here.
Health Minister Jim Perchard said that they want to start ‘growing our own’ midwives, nurses and social workers.
But Ms Cooper wants the Minister to explain why her daughter was recently advised to work in the UK rather than wait for a job in Jersey as ‘one may never be available’.(from thisisjersey)

Seems like total madness to me...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse? Empty Re: Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse?

Post by karma Thu 19 Feb 2009, 10:46 pm

I blame the sea air myself!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse? Empty Re: Why no job for newly qualified Jersey nurse?

Post by Thistle Fri 20 Feb 2009, 7:45 am

this is happening in all sectors of the workplace.local people signing on and then finding eastern europeans etc in full time employment.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 20 Feb 2009, 12:46 pm

in the hospital here they are mainly Filipino (and very nice too I have no problem with imported staff as long as locals get first shout) But the local nurse who was with my hubby until the end told me she had to leave nursing, as she had a mortgage, and got less wages that the imported people, because they were paid a relocation amount and got accomodation as well!!!! and she ws struggling to stay afloat!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum