www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skateboard park raises concerns

Go down

Skateboard park raises concerns Empty Skateboard park raises concerns

Post by GD Wed 11 Mar 2009, 3:32 pm

The future of a new skateboard park in Jersey could be in doubt after a number of complaints.
Concerns have been raised by Jersey Harbours about the park, on the New North Quay in St Helier, which opened in December.
The authority said tourists and boat owners had highlighted several incidents related to noise and items being thrown into the harbour.
A senior politician said the incidents raise issues which should be addressed.
Assistant Economic Development Minister Paul Routier said even though the area was covered by CCTV, there was a real concern about safety and the reputation of the area.
"The marina currently attracts a lot of tourists to the island and in the last week or so there have been some negative comments from tourists who have left the island saying, to a certain extent, they are not going to come back," he told BBC News.
The purpose-built open air park, which features metal-framed ramps, is run by Education, Sport and Culture. (from BBC News)

I think that the States made a mistake putting the park there in the 1st place, I am sure that there were more suitable places
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down