www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat runs

3 posters

Go down

Rat runs Empty Rat runs

Post by Jackal Wed 01 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

To any states members that view this forum and for general discussion.

What is the feeling on implementing a ban on cars using rat runs like they do in Australia.

It is illegal to use a residential (Gsy=lanes) road as a short cut during peak times, you have to stick to the main roads which have the capability to take the volumes.

This helps reduce the number of accidents or near misses caused by idiots blasting through lanes to get to town without any consideration for residents or those travelling in the opposite direction.

Jackal

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Rat runs Empty Re: Rat runs

Post by Dell Thu 02 Apr 2009, 5:03 pm

Unfortunately, virtually all Guernsey roads are residential! This is due to the ribbon development that has taken place over the years.

Some of our 'main roads' do not have the capacity to take the volumes at peak times either.

A reduction in the number of vehicles on the roads would be a better option possible?
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Sat 04 Apr 2009, 1:17 am

I now its wishfull thinking!

Unfortunately I have to drive the opposite direction to most as I do not work in St PP. I take my life in my hands every morning. I am very tempted to get a big old jeep cheaply and then bomb it through the lanes and scare the life out of the inconsiderate aholes heading for town.

Jackal

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 05 Apr 2009, 4:27 am

In Gsy where the main roads are inadequate at peak times it is the so called "rat runs" which ease the traffic. So adopting a law to ban the use of lanes would cause more congestion.

Perhaps a better solution would be to police the driving in the lanes, higher police presence to slow people down.

Or perhaps when one looks at traffic stat's there is no problem just a percieved one?

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum