www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping

5 posters

Go down

Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping Empty Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping

Post by GD Fri 03 Apr 2009, 3:43 pm

SARK is renewing its battle with Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay over freight shipments to the island.
Chief Pleas will discuss this month a proposition that would block the Brecqhou Warrior from unloading cargo in Sark, a move apparently aimed at forcing the brothers’ development company to use Isle of Sark Shipping.
This is not the first time Sark representatives have tried to stop the shipments and it again heightens tensions over the brothers’ multi-million pound development project in the island.
The proposition to be discussed is to uphold The Alderney and Sark (Licensing of Vessels) Law, 1951 ‘and so safeguard the revenue of Isle of Sark Shipping Company’.
‘No licence has been granted to the Brecqhou Warrior yet she continues to unload building materials, plant and equipment in Sark originating from Guernsey,’ said Harbours Committee chairman Conseiller Jan Guy and Shipping Committee deputy chairman Conseiller Andrew Cook.
‘These cargoes are used for building and restoration work on hotels and other commercial ventures in Sark.’
The Brecqhou Chief and Brecqhou Lass are licensed to carry a limited number of passengers temporarily. (from thisisguernsey)

They won't win....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping Empty Re: Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping

Post by bug1 Fri 03 Apr 2009, 8:08 pm

It's a shame but I think you'll be proved right
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping Empty Re: Sark takes on Brecqhou again over shipping

Post by karma Sat 04 Apr 2009, 1:30 pm

I do wish grown-ups would act like grown- ups :( Power struggles on both side just serves to make them all look small and petty minded!!!!! and gives the wrong message to the young ones who are Sark's future!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sat 04 Apr 2009, 2:52 pm

If Sark Shipping has sole rights to the cargo then I dont see why the B Bros should be allowed to do what others cant, maybe if they cant stop them unloading they can enforce an higher import duty.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 05 Apr 2009, 8:25 am

Money obviously talks!

The attitude appears to be "Do what you want when you want and b****r the natives!!"
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down