www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fortunes slump for Jersey’s rich

2 posters

Go down

Fortunes slump for Jersey’s rich Empty Fortunes slump for Jersey’s rich

Post by GD Sun 26 Apr 2009, 1:12 am

MANY of Jersey’s super-rich residents have seen their fortunes hit by the credit crunch, according to the annual survey that estimates Britain’s top 1,000 richest people.
The Sunday Times Rich List, out tomorrow, reveals that it has been a tough year for the wealthy. Former CI Traders chairman Tom Scott has seen his wealth plummet to £175m – the same amount as pop star Sir Elton John.
The family of the late Fred Clarke, a Constable of St Helier, remains at the top of the Jersey money table and is the third most wealthy in the Channel Islands. According to the list they are £100 million poorer at £400 million but climb 30 places as their losses are less than many who were above them last year.
One person to buck the trend that has wiped billions off the value of the world’s jet set was new Island resident Tony Buckingham. The former soldier of fortune who used to work alongside jailed mercenary Simon Mann is the fourth richest person in the Channel Islands.
It has been a good year for the oil and diamond magnate (from thisisjersey)

Poor Tom Scott, why do I not feel sorry for him...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Fortunes slump for Jersey’s rich Empty Re: Fortunes slump for Jersey’s rich

Post by Anomiso Sun 26 Apr 2009, 6:51 am

My heart bleeds for all of the.... geek