www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey gets the best...

+6
Thistle
The Gimp
bug1
kiwis kitten
10 posters

Go down

Jersey gets the best... Empty Jersey gets the best...

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 May 2009, 9:04 pm

Just now i saw advertised on the tv that John Barrowman will be Jersey in August..

Status Quo are there in July...

They get the dancing on ice stars too...and many others ....

We get nothing like that :roll: ...

Why is Guernsey not good enough ?!?!
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Jersey gets the best... Empty Re: Jersey gets the best...

Post by Diddycoon Mon 18 May 2009, 9:35 pm

I agree kk.....I would love something like the ice dancing to come here too - not too fussed about John Barrowman...but see your point....
Diddycoon
Diddycoon

Female
Number of posts : 4775
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 May 2009, 9:40 pm

LOL yeah he isn't really someone i would go see but when i saw it advertised i thought once again its Jersey...I would love to see Status Quo though :) :Andy1: and the dancing on ice.......
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 May 2009, 9:43 pm

We used to be - but I think we 'outpriced' ourselves......we had everybody over here when we had St Georges Hall, Candie, the Hermitage and Beaulieu (memories) and not forgetting the Wayside Cheer - I'm sure Wayside could tell us the reason we don't get any really good stars now.....it is/was his line of business :)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Mon 18 May 2009, 11:13 pm

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Tue 19 May 2009, 7:40 am

people moan we dont get anything over, when we do everyone moans its not good enough and doesnt turn up.

remember guernsey live.
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 19 May 2009, 7:43 am

saw quo several years ago and would def go again.KK is right we get nobody of any interest coming to guernsey.i would def like to see john barrowman and dancing on ice too.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Tue 19 May 2009, 7:53 am

Thistle wrote:saw quo several years ago and would def go again.KK is right we get nobody of any interest coming to guernsey.i would def like to see john barrowman and dancing on ice too.

Nobody of any interest to the older generation perhaps, personally I would rather hack my nuts off with a rusty blade than have to endure a Status Quo concert. And who on earth is John Barrowman?

As has already been said, look what happened at Guernsey Live, it wasn't as well supported as it should have been and therefore it is doubtful that it will happen again. It also doesn't help when these kind of events aren't given enough support from the States, be it financial or otherwise.

Musically for a small island we don't do too bad, there's the Vale Earth Fair, Liberation Day, loads of local gigs and the odd band off the balcony at Cobo Bay, all in all it could definitely be worse.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Tue 19 May 2009, 3:12 pm

The risk is too high for the limited possible gain,

I over the years tried to bring over acts from unknown acts to some well knowns and have only ever made a decent amount form tributes like Elvis, Robbie Williams, Meatloaf Etc and eventually those declined,

I use to then bring a better known act over like The Batchelors, and charged the same price trying to offset some of the profit from the good shows (Lost £1200.00) on them,

The Barron Knights lost on them as the cost of shipping equipement flights and accomodation was over £5000.00 thats befor the act got paid,

A Full Musicals Show that I booked had to be Cancelled because the ticket sales were pathetic and cost me £3250.00 just to cancel,

These are just a few of the failiers and when I hear of losses like Guernsey Live made and a few others I would never even look at bringing the likes of Quo over,

I am sure they would sell out or nearly but the price locals want to pay for a ticket you MIGHT make a small profit, but the POSSIBLE LOSS is huge if it does not go well.

Beau Sejour is the only place for them, they have to be carefull if they get involved in the production of a big show and the costs of renting the big hall is huge.

It does not matter if the acts are big names or unknowns the costs of promoting a show here are high and there are less of us interested in trying to do anything as we have all been bitten too many times.

Every week someons says, whens the next show, usually I say what was the last one you came to, they quite often name a show that was 5 years ago and the following 30 they did not bother with, so they all want entertainment but dont want to pay to support it.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by st_ouennais Tue 19 May 2009, 4:45 pm

kiwis kitten wrote:LOL yeah he isn't really someone i would go see but when i saw it advertised i thought once again its Jersey...I would love to see Status Quo though :) :Andy1: and the dancing on ice.......

I cant quite imagine Quo on ice. Does it have some euphemistic meaning?

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Tue 19 May 2009, 7:35 pm

:-) u know i reckon Rick and Francis would be good with a pair of skates on..Wink
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 19 May 2009, 10:12 pm

Wot.... a pair of skates between them!!!! 8)

Hmmmm........... that would be cosy........................ and probably not very 'ol skool' rock n' roll !! Shocked

:thud::

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum