www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year

5 posters

Go down

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Empty Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year

Post by GD Mon 01 Jun 2009, 5:49 pm

PEOPLE might soon be able to eat alfresco at the North Plantation.

The Town Centre Partnership intends to amend its planning application to include the new Floral Guernsey Council garden and an alfresco dining area capable of seating 44 people. Plans are also in hand to pedestrianise the road that runs behind the Guernsey Information Centre.

Partnership executive officer Jack Honeybill said the dining area would be beneath the large listed turkey oak to complement what the Floral Council had done.

‘What the floral group has achieved has moved the project forward to a reality. My wish would be to see it up and running in the next 12 months,’ he said.

Mr Honeybill said the new plans would cost significantly less than the original - most of the area would have been paved.

‘I think people’s reaction will be very positive. We had a lot of support last time and if we can come up with a plan that suits everybody, we’ll end up with an alfresco area and a happy compromise.’ (thisisguernsey)

Good Idea? I have my reservations...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Empty Re: Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year

Post by bug1 Mon 01 Jun 2009, 6:20 pm

Unfortunately we need continental weather to eat in continental style.It's lovely idea until it rains! As for diners eating under the turkey oak,I hope nothing as big as a turkey roosts in it!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Empty Re: Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year

Post by Dell Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:32 pm

It is not necesarily the turkey roosting in the tree but what it might expell onto the diners below that has me wondering!?!

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Caloturkey-760450
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:47 pm

Dell where did you get that super picture of Jack Honeybill?????? :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:58 pm

AS THE last of 300 plants were placed in North Plantation, the Floral Guernsey Legacy Committee were already searching for next year’s project.

The site next to the tourism office has undergone a three-week facelift to remove old trees and shrubs.

Now new turf has been put down and plants placed within borders.

Floral Guernsey Council Legacy Project co-ordinator Helen Litchfield was pleased with how the area was looking.

‘I’m absolutely thrilled,’ she said. ‘People who have seen the area have been very approving.’

Many of the trees have been removed and replaced with grass.

A path has been placed down the middle, and hardy plants, including roses, ivies, palms and hawthorns, have been planted.

‘There is a huge variety of vegetation,’ said Ms Litchfield. ‘It is a bit exposed, but most of them will survive.’

Many in the community have helped to regenerate the area, including pupils from Vauvert and Amherst Schools, members of Floral Guernsey, States Works and HSBC. from thisisguernsey)

Have to admit my reservations are going, looks like the Floral Guernsey are going to have a winner here...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 04 Jun 2009, 9:29 pm

Starting to take shape when I walked past today, looks promising. The decking should transform it.

Let's hope that late night revellers don't mess it all up........

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 04 Jun 2009, 9:32 pm

karma wrote:Dell where did you get that super picture of Jack Honeybill?????? :-)

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Lol-022 Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Hahaha-024

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Lol-045

Plantation’s 44-cover alfresco deck could be here in a year Lol-037

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 05 Jun 2009, 10:46 am

now it is planted up and looks good will they give him planning permission?
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down