www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Speeding Fines

4 posters

Go down

UK Speeding Fines Empty UK Speeding Fines

Post by MARKY-marc Wed 03 Jun 2009, 3:30 pm

I was on the mainland over the bank holiday weekend. It was my first time on the motorways and after a tentative start I ended up loving it and I was soon over in the fast lane. I'm sure that at least one point I must have been caught out by a speed camera. How long does it usually take to receive the letter? Will I receive a letter? Do I pay it or is there a way of getting around it? I know foreign registration plates get away with it but how does Guernsey stand up?

Cheers...

MARKY-marc

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

UK Speeding Fines Empty Re: UK Speeding Fines

Post by technophobe Wed 03 Jun 2009, 4:33 pm

Just don't bother paying it, I've done it before, they only sent one chaser I think, what are they going to do?

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 03 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

Foreign Drivers Immune to Speed Camera Fines was an article on The Lowestoft Journal who have reported that all foreign drivers captured by Norfolk''s speed cameras escape speeding fines. 248 foreign drivers alone escaped prosecution last year.

A reply from the police to a Freedom of Information request by Norfolk Lib Dem county councillor, Judith Brown, explains that fixed-penalties for speeding can only be issued to UK residents holding a UK licence.

All information is gleaned from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) in Swansea and, if the vehicle is not recorded in their database, no further action is taken. Full link at More info

Advice may also be found at UK Speeding at following link Speeding

You will have to wait and see if you get a 'fixed penalty ticket' or a 'notice of intended prosecution' through the post and then decide what to do. You may be lucky and not receive anything........

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Wed 03 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

You need to be careful now because there are extensive Number Plate Recognition networks over here now. Any registration numbers can be fed into the system's database ( including foreign ones ) and if spotted by the cameras, it is immediately flagged and picked up by police patrols in the area to allow them to stop the vehicle.

So if you have had a speeding notice and ignore it, you may well be picked up on a later trip over here.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum