www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapped and stabbed

2 posters

Go down

Kidnapped and stabbed Empty Kidnapped and stabbed

Post by Dell Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

A TEENAGER feared for his life after he was kidnapped and stabbed in a case of mistaken identity.

The Royal Court heard how Nathan Thomson, 18, was bundled into a car, driven round, repeatedly punched and stabbed with a sharp implement in the 15-minute ordeal by Derek Marsh.
A friend of the victim, Josh Jones, owed Marsh money. After mistaking him for Mr Jones, Marsh decided to send a message to him via Mr Thomson.
Also in the car was Marsh’s girlfriend, Nikita Brehaut, 20, and Brehaut’s grandmother Suzanne Bourgaize, 51, who also appeared in court.

Kidnapped and stabbed 2w592062

Nathan Thomson was left in Castel Church car park after he was subjected to a terrifying ordeal in October at the hands of Derek Marsh, who mistook the teenager for his tenant.

Brehaut was charged with assault, to which she pleaded guilty, and Bourgaize with kidnap, which she admitted. Marsh pleaded guilty to kidnap.
Advocate Alan Merrien said that Brehaut’s assault was minor, as Mr Thomson himself had said it did not hurt.
Magistrate Russell Finch said that this was the first kidnap case he had come across in 21 years.
The message had to be sent out that this was not tolerated.
‘He was in fear of his life, which you can understand despite the short time frame,’ said Mr Finch. ‘It’s a very serious matter.’
Marsh was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison, starting from October 2008.
Bourgaize was given 240 hours of community service and Brehaut 120 hours of community service.

Just what is Guernsey coming to?

As Mr Finch stated, this was the first kidnap case in 21 years. Let us hope that others don't copy this.....

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Kidnapped and stabbed Empty Re: Kidnapped and stabbed

Post by karma Fri 05 Jun 2009, 10:21 am

All happened 'On the Street Where I Live' and we saw/heard nothing Shocked mind you living opposite the London House I think we filter out shouting etc.,! don't even hear police/amulance sirens any more.....

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum